PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, it's worth taking a chance and standing up for another person!

3arod13
02-04-2011, 06:25 PM
In life, we make many choices. Some good, some bad. Sometimes, we cross the line, and the consequences aren't good. But hopefully, we learn from our mistakes.

Today, we live in an unforgiving society. Many judge quickly and throw others aside, with no regret. Where in the past, second changes were given and welcomed.

I don't know the facts or history behind Bob Koppel being banned. I don't know Bob Koppel that well. We're not friends. I've never dealt with him. Not sure what he said or did to be banned.

What I do know is he seems very passionnate and genuine about game used stuff and the hobby. No doubt he regrets whatever occurred in the past.

In life, sometimes we make a stand and put ourselves out there for someone who we believe is worth it. Or even cause we feel strongly about. Well, I believe Bob Koppel is worth it making a stand and putting myself out there.

I offer than he be reinstated and given a probation period of six months. Once incident, and he's gone for life. In turn, I'm willing to be banned in his place.

He's alot more passionate than I about the hobby, and he has a lot more to offer than I do. He also hurts not being a part of this forum and hobby. I commend him for his passion for the hobby and to help others, as he does even after being banned.

For those who feel hatred towards him, for whatever reason, and don't feel the need to forgive. I hope you'll reconsider.

From what little I know of him, I believe he's worth taking a chance on.

Let the hatred go and give him another chance.

I'm sure if you were in his situation, you would hope others would do the same!

Moderators, do not delete this thread. It does not violate any rules, and I believe it's worth posting.

Thanks!

sox83cubs84
02-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Never mind banning someone in his place...I believe Bob should be reinstated, period, under the probationary guidelines cited by 3arod13.

Bob does, indeed, have a passion for what we all enjoy. He has also, like me, endured health-related hardships for some time now...I think posting and interacting with the Forum would be good for his psyche, and, given his knowledge, passion and experience, would benefit far more members than it doesn't.

Please, mods...let Bob back into the fold. He's a good man and he deserves another shot.

Dave Miedema

maccamania
02-05-2011, 11:37 AM
very nicely done arod, what a pleasure to read a positive post and lets reinstate Bob.........:)

tigerdale
02-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Bob does have a true passion for this hobby.....he's in this hobby for the long haul and thats a great thing.

legaleagle92481
02-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Bob is a very nice guy a bit eccentric but aren't we all plus the guy served his country for many years and you have to admire a guy like that. He is very knowledgeable about the hobby and I also would support his reinstatement.

commando
02-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Count me in on this. The amount of knowledge and experience of these people who support Bob is tops in the hobby. If all of us take our knowledge and go somewhere else, then what?

shoremen44
02-05-2011, 02:56 PM
I would support Bob coming back as well as several others... I don't know what got a couple of people banned, but guys like Bob, Brett Herman and some others are genuinely great people

kudu
02-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Nice post. Got my vote too.

3arod13
02-05-2011, 04:29 PM
With this much support, I would hope the moderators would reconsider.

Look, I don't know what happend. But I don't believe Bob killed anyone, stole from anyone, robbed a bank, sold drugs, etc. You get my point.

I've been passionate about some things/issues, and definately said things I wish I never did.

If this is the case with Bob, you have nothing to lose by giving him another change.

Again, if he blows it again, then ban him for life.

Thanks for the support everyone. Throughtout the years, the words "we are like family" has been in many posts in this forum. Please give Bob one last change.

ChrisCavalier
02-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

While we thank you for your opinions, we have forum rules and administration action is clearly defined in the rules. Specifically:

Your membership on this forum is subject to the rules detailed above and the rules are subject to change without prior notice. Breaching these rules can result in post or thread deletion, and continued breaches can result in your account being temporarily locked or permanently banned.

The decision to warn or ban a member will depend on the infraction and is solely at the discretion of the Administrator.

Administrators have the final say in any rule dispute.

Here is a link to the forum rules in case anyone needs to refresh themselves with them:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=99

As such, administrative decisions reside with the administrators and is not open to public voting. However, you can rest assured that all administrative action is the result of rule violations.

Sincerely,
Chris