PDA

View Full Version : Who's did I upset here???

xpress34
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
MODS -

So can anyone please explain to me why my C to C posts keep getting removed with NO EXPLANATION???

My most current followed all guidelines yet was removed. I reposted with a note specifically asking for a Mod to PLEASE contact me 1st before removing my post and explain to me what exactly is wrong with it, but instead, it disappeared less than 5 minutes after posting it so I know a MOD is on the site monitoring right now.

No eMail, no PM, just deleted post.

So what gives? If you really want me to just leave, just say so - this is really getting old really fast.

I figure that MAYBE if a put this out here in the PUBLIC forum, I'll get an answer. But I expect that you'll just delete this as well with no response.

- Smitty

camarokids
02-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Smitty, was it listed on ebay at the same time? Over the $500.00 limit?

A item not allowed on the forum? What were you trying to sell?

dcgreg25
02-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Smitty,

Your original post offering the items for sale was deleted because it was brought to the moderators attention that the items were being offered for sale on another site as well which is a violation of the Collector to Collector Classified rules. The text below is located on a sticky thread at the top of the Classified section titlted "User Agreement to GUU Collector to Collector Classified Forum"

Please note that this forum is not for posting items that are currently for sale on eBay or any other venue.

While you may or may not agree with these rules they are posted. Please let me know if I am in error and the nameplates are not listed for sale on another forum. You reposted the items with a note asking for an explanation before the item was deleted again. I sent you an email explaning the reason for the deletion (item was posted for sale on another site as well). Please check your spam filter if you did not receive the email.

This email was sent concurrent with your second posting being removed which was within the last two hours. Rest assured you are not being targeted in any way shape or form but it was brought to the moderators attention that the post was a violation of the forum rules so it was removed. Thanks.

nt_eagle
02-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Seems to myself that Smitty is being 'singled-out' here, since there is STILL a Post on the 'Collector to Collector' Thread from just this Tuesday that explicitly states that some of the items are now for sale on eBay. :confused:

dcgreg25
02-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Seems to myself that Smitty is being 'singled-out' here, since there is STILL a Post on the 'Collector to Collector' Thread from just this Tuesday that explicitly states that some of the items are now for sale on eBay. :confused:

As I said before the post was brought to the moderators attention by a reader of the forum and the posting was a clear violation of the rules. As a volunteer moderators we do not see all of the threads listing items for sale nor do we check them all against ebay or other sites. When we notice issues or they are brought to our attention we act accordingly. You may not have noticed but there were other Classified threads that were deleted along with the one we are discussing and in fact there are posts in the classifieds that are deleted every day. Rest assured nobody is being "singled out" and there is no agenda on the moderators part other than to try enforce the rules as they are stated reasonably and keep the discussions on topic so we all can benefit from the forum.

At the end of the day a rule is a rule and members are responsible for what they post on the site. If you see a thread that violates the forum rules (including the one you mentioned above) feel free to email me directly or use the "Contact Forum Moderator" link at the top of the page and we will address it. Thanks.

LastingsMilledge85
02-03-2011, 04:16 PM
I agree that xpress' post on C to C should be removed because it violates the rules. However, is there a way that whenever a post is removed in any section the violator can be notified by the person who removed the post? It really isn't that taxing is it? A number of people have their emails listed freely on here and/or people have chosen the accept personal messages her (everyone should accept them).

dcgreg25
02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
I agree that xpress' post on C to C should be removed because it violates the rules. However, is there a way that whenever a post is removed in any section the violator can be notified by the person who removed the post? It really isn't that taxing is it? A number of people have their emails listed freely on here and/or people have chosen the accept personal messages her (everyone should accept them).

Lastings, thanks for the feedback. As a courtesy I try to notify members when I delete their posts. That being said, I am not able to do it every time as there are a number of threads and tracking down emails is not always easy for those who do not include them in their signature. Additionally, I am not the only moderator so I cannot speak for everyone.

It is the responsibility of the members (including the moderators) to be aware of and follow the forum rules. I realize that sometimes members unknowingly violate the rules as nobody is perfect. I will continue to make an effort to email members when I delete a thread but even then, it can get caught in spam filters, etc. If a member has a question about the rules or why a post has been deleted and has not heard from a moderator I would strongly encourage them to use the "Contact Forum Moderator" link located at the top of each page.

LastingsMilledge85
02-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks Dave