PDA

View Full Version : Peterson game used helmet eBay

AlexT
02-01-2011, 06:24 PM
What do you guys think of this one..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120678509131&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1156

jhunt28
02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
After a very quick review, I can tell you that the side clips are not what Peterson wore during the 2006 College season. Nor is that the type of chinstrap he wore during 2006. The team also played in the Fiesta Bowl that year, and this helmet doesn't have those decals, nor any other decals on the rear of the helmet (ie. American Flag, NCAA logo decal, etc). It's entirely possible that this is a stripped down, "naked" helmet that was prepared for him? I have not contacted the seller of the item...I'm just stating a few issues with the helmet at first glance.

TriplexXxSports
02-01-2011, 07:20 PM
It appears to be the right setup as Peterson wore at OU, but... One of my favorite things to say - Looks awfully clear for a gamer, worn by a stud RB.

Chin strap looks crisp, pads look new, paint is shiny, no discoloration in the vinyl, and no mention of reconditioning. Other than the number 28 on the back (which is easy to do) there is no defining evidence that it was in fact Peterson's.

Every game worn helmet that I have seen or owned all showed a decent amount of wear (even if worn for only one game). Scuffs, chips, pad wear, etc.

For that type of price, and the pics provided, I would be very suspect up front.

TriplexXxSports
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
It appears to be the right setup as Peterson wore at OU....

By that I mean helmet manufacturer, facemask, etc.

LandRunSports
02-01-2011, 08:01 PM
I can assure you this helmet is not authentic. I will provide more details shortly.

LandRunSports
02-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Ok, here we go...

Adrian Peterson played football at Oklahoma through 2004 - 2006.

2004 - ALL Sooner helmets sported small decals of an American flag and the BIG XII Pennant on the back left side (In this case, top left above the #2).

2005 - Same as 2004, but included a 2004 BIG XII Champions decal on the back right side (In this case, top right above the #8).

2006 - Same as 2004 & 2005, but included a small helmet shaped decal with the #38 inside located on the back right side (In this case, top right above the #8). This sticker replaced the 2004 BIG XII Champs decal.

Also, not that its necessary...
Adrian Peterson did not use that brand or style of chin strap, he ONLY wore Riddell while at Oklahoma.

This should be enough, but I can provide more info, if necessary. Hope this helps.

Brian
bwilson@libertyoffice.com

jhunt28
02-02-2011, 07:02 AM
One more thing, like I stated, the side clips are incorrect. Peterson wore Riddell side stabilizer clips on his helmets...these are standard clips on this helmet.