PDA

View Full Version : BJ Upton bat gains a signature out of mid air???

camarokids
02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
This seller recently won a BJ Upton bat without a signature....

here is the auction he won ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=120666951107&si=i8ANDCL9CuLljRm783ZpcRUdoJU%253D&viewitem=

here is his current auction, now the bat has a autograph that looks like poo poo.....especially the #2......

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rays-B-J-UPTON-2004-rookie-signed-game-used-bat-LVS-COA_W0QQitemZ250766738703QQcategoryZ60596QQcmdZVie wItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26it u%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6 771800691551894099

As you can see the grain is a perfect match.....

kudu
02-01-2011, 01:39 AM
What seams to be the problem? Palm Harbor is near Tampa and BJ Upton lives in Tampa.

cubbs1232
02-01-2011, 05:51 AM
Bbj is in town but the sig looks aweful. I have gotten him numerous times in all different paces ie charity events, practice, and games and I have never seen his last name and the 2 like that.

camarokids
02-02-2011, 09:54 PM
What seams to be the problem? Palm Harbor is near Tampa and BJ Upton lives in Tampa.

I lived in St. Pete over 35 years, so I know where Palm Harbor is. Same County as St. Pete.

The sig & 2 looks terrible just like Cubbs says.

kudu
02-03-2011, 01:52 AM
So are you saying terrible, as in sloppy, or terrible, as in not real?

camarokids
02-04-2011, 11:25 AM
So are you saying terrible, as in sloppy, or terrible, as in not real?

It is very suspect because, all the exemplars of his signature that I have seen have a very small #2. There is a lack of detail in "Upton".

It is possible it could be a super sloppy version of his autograph.

Personally I would take some olive oil w/ a soft cloth and 86 the signature (real or not).

momen55
02-04-2011, 12:47 PM
i emailed the seller and he told me that BJ was drinking hence the sloppy sig. :D

kudu
02-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Thank you momen55 for contacting the seller. So the signature was probably an in person auto.

I checked the sellers neutral/negative feedback on toolhaus and none of the sellers neutrals/negatives related to fake autographs. And they've been an Ebay member since 2003.

I also did some research on Uptons signatures and have come to the conclusion that he is very inconsistent signer. He has several variations of his name and #2, including signing his full name (Melvin Emmanuel Upton). Here are some examples of his auto:

40386 40387

40388 40389

40390 40391

So David, did you contact the seller? If so, what was his response?

?

camarokids
02-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Thank you momen55 for contacting the seller. So the signature was probably an in person auto.

I think Ivan was BS'n. Note the smiley face after wards.

The number two is no where near any of the pics you posted.

The bat is legit. The signature, at best, is a crappy version of his signature?

kudu
02-05-2011, 03:29 PM

Even if Ivan didn't contact the seller, did YOU contact the seller? If so, what was their response?

Nowhere did I say the sellers #2 matched any of mine. My point was that BJ Upton is an inconsistant signer. Look at my first example. Probably his worst auto, yet it is PSA/DNA authenticated.

So did you contact the seller? If so, what was their response?

camarokids
02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Even if Ivan didn't contact the seller, did YOU contact the seller? If so, what was their response?

Nowhere did I say the sellers #2 matched any of mine. My point was that BJ Upton is an inconsistant signer. Look at my first example. Probably his worst auto, yet it is PSA/DNA authenticated.

So did you contact the seller? If so, what was their response?

Are you the forum police now dude?

Still a shi**y looking two. I have never seen his two look like that before!

If you are so concerned you contact him!

momen55
02-07-2011, 02:17 PM

it's true dave. upton was at a charity bowling event at splitsville and that is where the sig was obtained. that is what the seller told me. i put the smiley because it sounded kind of shady.

camarokids
02-07-2011, 02:33 PM
it's true dave. upton was at a charity bowling event at splitsville and that is where the sig was obtained. that is what the seller told me. i put the smiley because it sounded kind of shady.

Thanks Ivan.

I actually know the seller. He changed his seller id, so I did not recognize him. :o

He told me the same thing. This seller I do trust!

Just a crappy sig, that is all.

Kudu, you can sleep with ease tonite, I contacted the seller!

kudu
02-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks Ivan.

I actually know the seller. He changed his seller id, so I did not recognize him. :o

He told me the same thing. This seller I do trust!

Just a crappy sig, that is all.

Kudu, you can sleep with ease tonite, I contacted the seller!

Shoot first, ask questions later. Is that how it works David? Guilty until proven innocent? If I were the seller of this bat, and I found this thread, I would be pretty pissed off.

Also, you might want to reread the GUU Forum Rules, especially #16.

Lokee
02-07-2011, 05:45 PM
http://lauriekendrick.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/rodney_king.jpg

camarokids
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
http://lauriekendrick.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/rodney_king.jpg

Amen to that!

camarokids
02-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Shoot first, ask questions later. Is that how it works David? Guilty until proven innocent? If I were the seller of this bat, and I found this thread, I would be pretty pissed off.

Also, you might want to reread the GUU Forum Rules, especially #16.

I know the rules. And yes guilty till proven innocent seems to be rampant in America these days.

I never did come out and say the auto was a fake. I said it was either very sloppy or a fake.

Kiss my a@@!

kudu
02-08-2011, 12:46 AM
I know the rules. And yes guilty till proven innocent seems to be rampant in America these days.

I never did come out and say the auto was a fake. I said it was either very sloppy or a fake.

Kiss my a@@!

Your title to this thread insinuates that the auto is a fake. Ivan and I helped you prove that the seller did obtain the auto, in person. We did all the homework for you, and now your telling me to kiss your a@@? OK dude.

camarokids
02-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Your title to this thread insinuates that the auto is a fake. Ivan and I helped you prove that the seller did obtain the auto, in person. We did all the homework for you, and now your telling me to kiss your a@@? OK dude.

Sorry, it seemed like you were attaching me.....