PDA

View Full Version : is Roethlisberger a HOF candidate

mbenga28
01-31-2011, 09:41 AM
one of the stories I keep hearing about leading up to the SuperBowl is Roethlisberger usually not mentioned in the league of elite quarterbacks and if he wins next Sunday he will have 3 titles with Brady being the only active quarterback with that many. Perhaps it's his off field antics that the fans and media like to focus more on, but do you consider him as a HOF candidate or not?

otismalibu
01-31-2011, 10:49 AM
If the Steelers win on Sunday and he's MVP, then one might be able to make a case.

Took his team to the AFC title game in his rookie season.

His first Superbowl...he was pretty bad, but was very good in the 3 playoff games prior to that.

Second SB, he could have been co-MVP with Holmes.

If you collect enough rings, they'll put you in.

trsent
01-31-2011, 11:40 AM
is Roethlisberger a HOF candidate?

Yes.

mlbforeverhomer
01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Is Kurt Warner??? Hell yeah they both are in my opinion.

ivo610
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
borderline right now. With 3 SB wins he would be nearly a lock. add an mvp and your looking at first ballot imo

costas
01-31-2011, 01:39 PM
is that the criteria for Hall of Fame, win three championships and you're in? I thought the Hall of Fame also takes into account personal conduct when players are up for consideration?

otismalibu
01-31-2011, 02:03 PM
I thought the Hall of Fame also takes into account personal conduct when players are up for consideration?

I don't think so. Michael Irvin is in.

mlbforeverhomer
01-31-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't think so. Michael Irvin is in.

What about Warren "Wife Beater" Moon????

Chris78
01-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Being that football puts 4-7 candidates in each year, he should have no problem getting in at this point regardless of what happens on Sunday. If the Steelers win on Sunday, as they would say in NBA Jam for the Sega Genesis, that is the "nail in the coffin" for his HOF candidacy.

Chris

sox83cubs84
01-31-2011, 11:23 PM
Unless his off-field conduct self-destructs even more (to Michael Vick levels or worse), I don't see how anyone will keep him out...even off-field issues may not matter.

Dave Miedema

legaleagle92481
02-01-2011, 01:26 AM
The NFL Hall of Fame is a joke. Cris Carter was one of the greatest receivers of all time, easily top ten but he takes his third shot at getting in this weekend. Shannon Sharpe is possibly the best tight end ever and has three super bowl rings, he has been rejected by the voters multiple times. Tim Brown was one of the best receivers AND return men to ever play the game, he is not in. Andre Reed caught 900 balls when that was alot and played in four super bowls hes not in. Richard Dent has over 130 sacks and a Super Bowl MVP and multiple rings, he has been rejected for years. Bill Parcells has two super bowl titles and revived multiple franchises he is not in. On the other hand Lynn Swann, Fred Dean, Marv Levy, John Stallworth, Joe Dellumire, John Randle, Elvin Bertha and scores of other questionable choices are in. Is Ben a candidate? Of course. Does he get in? Who knows. Arguments in his favor are the rings, no eligible quarterback with three rings is not in and only Stabler is out with two rings, he is a Steeler (the Hall voters love them, see Stallworth and Swann), his stats although not elite are well above average, he is clutch and he is unique (there is no qb like him with his size and mobility). The arguments against are: Off the field he behaved very poorly for several years, he was never considered one of the best at his position: he has never been an MVP or All Pro and has only been to one pro bowl, he played poorly in the first Super Bowl and the team is defense based.

sox83cubs84
02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
The NFL Hall of Fame is a joke. Richard Dent has over 130 sacks and a Super Bowl MVP and multiple rings, he has been rejected for years.

I second the notion on Dent...perhaps the most dominating player on the best single-season defense in NFL history.

Dave Miedema