PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds Signed Baseball

schubert1970
01-30-2011, 11:32 PM
Wanted to share with the group a Bonds signed baseball I bought a few years back.

I'm not a huge Bonds fan, but attended his 756 HR game. I wanted to pick up something special since the game was something I'll never forget. A few days later Bond's web site had these signed baseballs limited to 25. He wanted big $$$$$. Like a sucker I bougt 1 and my friend bought 2.

Now that several years have passed I don't think Barry has signed any other baseballs with this type of inscription. You'll and find a ton of signed basesball with that silly gold engraving (I really hate these), but inscritions seem difficult to find.

Needless to say, I think the web site only sold 15 of these, then discontinued them. At the time no one wanted to pay that much with all the controvery surrounding him.

Just wanted to share and see if anyone else knows if Barry has signed any other types of inscriptions about 756.

Bill

trsent
01-31-2011, 12:19 AM
Wanted to share with the group a Bonds signed baseball I bought a few years back.

I'm not a huge Bonds fan, but attended his 756 HR game. I wanted to pick up something special since the game was something I'll never forget. A few days later Bond's web site had these signed baseballs limited to 25. He wanted big $$$$$. Like a sucker I bougt 1 and my friend bought 2.

Now that several years have passed I don't think Barry has signed any other baseballs with this type of inscription. You'll and find a ton of signed basesball with that silly gold engraving (I really hate these), but inscritions seem difficult to find.

Needless to say, I think the web site only sold 15 of these, then discontinued them. At the time no one wanted to pay that much with all the controvery surrounding him.

Just wanted to share and see if anyone else knows if Barry has signed any other types of inscriptions about 756.

Bill

Bill, what was the original price you paid? The balls are really cool.

schubert1970
01-31-2011, 01:44 AM
Bill, what was the original price you paid? The balls are really cool.

Joel,

I'm really embarrassed to say, I think it was $756.
I remember thinking that setting the price at the record number was a bit lame.

Bill

trsent
01-31-2011, 02:08 AM
Joel,

I'm really embarrassed to say, I think it was $756.
I remember thinking that setting the price at the record number was a bit lame.

Bill

Bill, that seems a bit high, but if no others ever surface, maybe the price will be justified somewhere down the road.

Really a cool ball, that is for sure!