PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Rodriguez Detroit jersey ebay

fattyc01
01-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey guys,

Anyone have any opinions on this jersey. I would like to buy it, and it has MLB authentication which i usually think is air tight, but it appears that the MLB hologram has been tampered with in some way or is damaged. Also, the jersey doesn't seem to have any of the tagging that I see on other jerseys. I don't know how the Tigers handle their jerseys, especially throwback jerseys such as this, but I was wondering if anyone could give an opinion.

Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140504358004&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4966wt_841

Thanks - Bob

mbrieve
01-28-2011, 04:53 PM
I believe this jersey was previously owned by a forum member:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=48444#post48444

This jersey has no issues. The hologram seems to be damaged, but that shouldn't distract from the value too much. That is a bit steep for a Pudge jersey, but that is the only time the Tigers used that particular throwback jersey (I just picked up Carlos Guillen's jersey from that game). Pudge also had a great game that night, I believe he went 4-5. Also, the same seller has the pants available--I would try to get them thrown in as they were originally sold as a group (along with the hat). Good luck!

fattyc01
01-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks, for the info. I was just a little worried that a collector might try to take the sticker off and place it on another item to sell it as authentic. The auction doesn't say anything about coming with the team LOA which the previous owner said he had. Did you get an LOA with your Guillen jersey?

Thanks again,
Bob

Lokee
01-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Kruk Cards is a member on the forum. I suggest you message them directly.

That being said they are awsome to deal with. All my purchases arrived in a timely manner and where dead on.

AWA85
01-28-2011, 07:45 PM
I believe if the hologram was removed and placed on another item, it would look a lot worse then this one and extremely noticeable. I believe this one is alright, and like others have said, Kruk is great to work with and communicates well on questions.

sox83cubs84
01-28-2011, 09:55 PM
FWIW, AIS (Adventures in Sports) has, since 2000, only made select styles of MLB and Negro League throwbacks, particularly the latter. Nearly all such jerseys carry no year/set/player ID tagging.

Dave Miedema

mlupo
01-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I have a Tigers GU Carlos Guillen Negro league made by AIS, just like the Pudge jersey you are looking at mine is MLB authenticated but there is no strip tagging.

jppopma
01-30-2011, 08:36 PM
These 80's throwbacks did not have any tagging on them, however the pants had a number, size, inventory # tag.

I doubt that someone would be able to find an AIS throwback to swap the MLB hologram with. AIS rarely show up in any form other than game used or issued; but I can't say for certain if they offer them for public sale or not.

As for the hologram, it may have been damaged through washing or just from being hung next to other jerseys. I have had some holograms come loose over the years for little or no reason at all.

trsent
01-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Kruk is honest, and if there was an issue they would look into it. I'm in the processing of listing many MLB Authentic items on eBay (starting tomorrow) and a few of the holograms have similar wear to the one you posed questions about from Ivan Rodriguez's jersey on eBay.

I see this jersey has since sold.

The jersey you asked about appears 100% legitimate.

fattyc01
01-31-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah the jersey sold, but unfortunately not to me. My internet service went down last night, and by the time I looked today it was too late. Too bad. Thanks for all your help everyone.

larry bourget
01-31-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a GAME ISSUED Detriot Tigers 1909 TBTC jersey,pants, and hat of #19 Jeff Larish (was on DL) for the 6-14-2009 Interleague game in Pittsburgh, complete with Detroit Tigers L.O.A. if anyones interested.
$250. delivered in the U.S.A or CANADA.

I also have a Game Worn PUDGE 2007 home field jacket and a Game Worn PUDGE Road 2004 BP jersey if anyone's interested, also both with Detrioit Tigers L.O.A.'s

pics available to the seriously interested.

larry.bourget@sympatico.ca