PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first Game Used Jersey! JETS

Greenbaumer
01-25-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey guys, joined the forum today and went down to JO Sports Co's warehouse here in Vegas and bought my first game worn jersey. One of my favorites - Shaun Ellis!

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa404/Greenbaumer/Jets%20Game%20Worn/DSC01535.jpg

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa404/Greenbaumer/Jets%20Game%20Worn/DSC01536.jpg

spartanservitto
01-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Does that place have any type of clearance out outlet on jerseys that cant sell? Love the ellis by the way, had him in my IDP league.

-Tony

Greenbaumer
01-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Nothing closeout. It was overwhelming being surrounded by thousands and thousands of jerseys, helmets and gloves.

sox83cubs84
01-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Looks like a nice start to your game used collection.:D

Dave Miedema

scottanservitz
01-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Uh oh! Another one caught the bug........

Nice jersey by the way!

Greenbaumer
01-25-2011, 10:54 PM
Uh oh! Another one caught the bug........

Nice jersey by the way!

I almost bought ten today. Thankfully my soon to be fiance was there to stop me.

FanofGriffey3
01-26-2011, 07:14 AM
Very nice ! Congrats on the great pickup

jhunt28
01-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Nothing closeout. It was overwhelming being surrounded by thousands and thousands of jerseys, helmets and gloves.

NICE STUFF!! Congrats!! Welcome to the Jets club! Ellis is an all-time great, and he beats up his jerseys. I have a couple that have 15+ repairs...Are you a Jets fan, or just collecting NFL gamers?

Greenbaumer
01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks buddy, I am a die hard Jets fan. I have a huge collection of signed items and this year Jim Leonhard sent me his game worn cleats and gloves and signed them for me. Fell in love with game used since, this is my first jersey.

jhunt28
01-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks buddy, I am a die hard Jets fan. I have a huge collection of signed items and this year Jim Leonhard sent me his game worn cleats and gloves and signed them for me. Fell in love with game used since, this is my first jersey.

Shoot me an email if you're free jonhunt28@yahoo.com

DragonWranglerX
01-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Congrats and welcome to the sickness!

Greenbaumer
01-26-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the nice comments guys. Already want to buy another one!

NeonStatus
01-26-2011, 10:48 PM
That jersey clearly got some use, nice pick up.

Welcome to the club.

NFLELCollector
03-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Guess He Wasnt As Big A Jets Fan As He Thought,
Love Fades Quickly, As Jets Fall Short Of Super Bowl Title.

See E-bay For All Items Aforementioned...........

Best Wishes On Moving Them As J.o. Sports Has
Quite A Few Jets Items As Well.

legaleagle92481
03-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Maybe he just needs money, he mentions in his post hes getting married. Just because he sells doesn't mean hes less of a fan. I am a major Jets fan. Last year I dumped my Jets throwback jerseys because I decided I didn't like them because they were blue and my Revis jersey to help out a fellow collector. My fandom didn't change and this year I bought another Revis and attempted to buy a few others (was outbid on NFl Auctions). Maybe he will do the same.

jhunt28
03-23-2011, 08:55 AM
I agree...it doesn't make you any more/less of a fan by dumping items...although I wouldn't go in with the mind set that he'll be selling the jerseys at a profit?? Especially since the origin of the items, has many more of the same to sell. They won't move from Ebay until they get priced accordingly...Ball Park Heroes is already selling a Mangold at a cheaper price (although heavily inflated at $895)

legaleagle92481
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
I agree...it doesn't make you any more/less of a fan by dumping items...although I wouldn't go in with the mind set that he'll be selling the jerseys at a profit?? Especially since the origin of the items, has many more of the same to sell. They won't move from Ebay until they get priced accordingly...Ball Park Heroes is already selling a Mangold at a cheaper price (although heavily inflated at $895)

defintely agree on that point.jo has 2 mangolds at a grand each, im sure theyd knock 20 or 30 percent off. i heard from another member they sold some for 550 earlier this year but i dont know how true that is. in addition to the one bph has. ellis is a good player and all but not worth what jos asking price is or what this guys price is. i bought mine at 400 something not from jo though and sold it for about what i paid. there are alot of his jerseys on the market. hes new to the hobby so he will learn fast how hard it is to make a profit or break even most of the team especially on players whose stuff is readily available.