PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Josh Hamilton game used all star bat signed!!

rangersfan1214
01-23-2011, 08:42 PM
So I finally got my all star bat signed!! I went to the Rangers fan fest and got in the raffle for the Hamilton autograph tickets, and I got one! I waited in line for his signature and went to the end of the line so I could explain the story to Hamilton. Well when he first got the bat he picked it up and looked at it and held it like he would before he hits. He asked me jokingly if he could have it and then asked if he really wanted the bat if I would give it to him. I said I'd think about it. I asked him if he could inscribe it and he put '09 all-star'. I will post photos later tonight!

AutographAddiction
01-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Should have asked for a trade for a jersey from the upcoming season!

Great job getting the autographs, though.

I'm sure it looks great.

rangersfan1214
01-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Here are the photos! As you can tell he was very interested in the bat. I also included a zoom in of the signature, the allstar is hard to make out.

Dach0sen0ne
01-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Congrats man! Awesome pics!:D

nationals2k9
01-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Nice work! Wonder where the conversation would have gone if you continued to entertain giving him the bat. Hard to beat what you already have though!

Was there any game-used playoff/World Series stuff for sale or on auction? All I've read so far is about autographs and smaller items.

rangersfan1214
01-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Yes. There were some world series jersey for sale in the foundation area for 300-600. But hamilton's and big names ws jerseys were silent auction. I saw Hamiltons starting bid was 2000 but never saw after

nationals2k9
01-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Yes. There were some world series jersey for sale in the foundation area for 300-600. But hamilton's and big names ws jerseys were silent auction. I saw Hamiltons starting bid was 2000 but never saw after

Thanks!

I thought I about had Kinsler's jersey in my sites through talking with a rep but he eventually broke the news on the auction. Hopefully they went for big bucks like they should have. I'm far from a rich man ;)

spartanservitto
01-25-2011, 08:39 AM
I would give it to him in exchange for another gamer and a jersey. Im sure he wouldnt mind the trade off given what the bat probably means to him. Given all he has went through in his life, Im sure the bat symbolizes a lot more than just an all star appearance. Just my two cents.

-Tony

frikativ54
01-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Cool story, man. Congrats on the great item. :)

vdsporty25
01-25-2011, 09:58 AM
Sweet bat man!! I would have probably traded it to Josh for another game used bat and his helmet from next year....I have yet to see one of those come up in anybody's collection or for sale

rangersfan1214
01-28-2011, 05:38 PM
This is why I love this hobby!! I find new things and info every day! I was looking for more photos of Hamilton in the ASG and found a photo from his 6th inning single, well do you guys think that one of the ball marks was made from the contact shown in this photo?

nycpropain
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
This is why I love this hobby!! I find new things and info every day! I was looking for more photos of Hamilton in the ASG and found a photo from his 6th inning single, well do you guys think that one of the ball marks was made from the contact shown in this photo?

How would anyone know that?

rangersfan1214
01-28-2011, 08:35 PM
No one can know for sure. But I was just asking if you guys think that the way the bat is facing in the photo and where the marks on the bat are would match up

yankees506
01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
id say from the huge amount of nothing i see..... definite match

cjclong
01-29-2011, 09:32 AM
Congratulations on getting in winning the lottery and getting the bat autographed!! I'm really surprised that the bat was offered for sale if its one Hamilton wanted. You would think he would have been allowed to keep it. Teams try to get important balls back for players and you would think they would allow them to keep a bat they wanted. Interestingly, the foundation selling gu bats at the fan fest had no Hamilton bats for sale. They did have some last year year occasionally.

Fnazxc0114
01-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Hamilton has mentioned several times that to him its just stuff. I do know he auctioned off the stuff from his hr derby in 08 in order to raise funds to build a school in Africa.

spartanservitto
01-30-2011, 11:14 AM
great bat, this thread will never die. haha.

-Tony