PDA

View Full Version : Manny Ramirez 2007 ALDS walkoff HR Bat

gameused
01-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Finally found a solid match to my Manny 2007 ALDS walk off HR bat vs the Angels. I knew the bat was used to hit the walk off HR in game 2 of the 2007 ALDS, but I did not have a solid photo match until now.

Manny homered off of Angels closer Francisco Rodriguez with two outs in the ninth inning and sent the ball towering over the green monster. The Red Sox beat the Los Angeles Angels 6-3 to take a 2-0 lead in their AL playoff series.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9081763

Manny also used this bat two days later in Anaheim to hit another HR of off John Lackey. David Ortiz led off the Boston fourth with a solo homer. Manny followed by pummeling a long ball onto the rocks in center field. It was Manny's 22nd homer in postseason play, tying him with Bernie Williams for the all-time lead.

Thanks, Bobby

gameused
01-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Correction on the back to back home run in Anaheim, the pitcher was Jered Weaver, not John Lackey.

Thanks, Bobby

zookerman182
01-22-2011, 05:53 PM
My favorite game used bat of all time.

no questions asked

yankees506
01-22-2011, 06:10 PM
insane match, im more and more impressed everyday

nationals2k9
01-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Why do you have to make me cry? It's the weekend! So you've got the bat from arguably Manny's most famous pose! Holy crap Bobby! Please consider putting me in your will. Thanks! ;)

nationals2k9
01-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Bobby, are the ball marks on this bat just a hair lower on the barrel than normal? I'm accustomed to seeing the majority of the marks just above the labeling on the majority of bats. Just curious what you think. I certainly understand this rule doesn't apply to all bats and have bats that are to the contrary as well. Just saying it's very interesting the concentration is flush with the labeling. Pretty cool how you can display it label up and see all the damage at the same time. Simply the perfect gamer!

Do you consider this your #1 most treasured bat? Now I can see why you're hiding in Hawaii :D

Congratualtions!!!!!

kylehess10
01-22-2011, 07:34 PM
How many photomatched Manny bats do you have now Bobby? It's like you get a new one every week!

gameused
01-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Bobby, are the ball marks on this bat just a hair lower on the barrel than normal? I'm accustomed to seeing the majority of the marks just above the labeling on the majority of bats. Just curious what you think. I certainly understand this rule doesn't apply to all bats and have bats that are to the contrary as well. Just saying it's very interesting the concentration is flush with the labeling. Pretty cool how you can display it label up and see all the damage at the same time. Simply the perfect gamer!

Do you consider this your #1 most treasured bat? Now I can see why you're hiding in Hawaii :D

Congratualtions!!!!!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the compliments. On the majority of Manny bats the ball/seam marks are concentrated on the left side of the barrel, but I have seen some bats and game photos where ball marks can be seen on the front and right side just below the label. I think if Manny likes a particular bat he will use it until its pounded and most likely rotate the barrel for even use.

It's definitely one of my favorite gamers and I was happy to find that getty image match.

Thanks again, Bobby

jgoldstein2000
01-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Bobby,

Are you ever a Manny seller?

gameused
01-22-2011, 08:58 PM
How many photomatched Manny bats do you have now Bobby? It's like you get a new one every week!

Hi Kyle,

I dont have a list, but I think I have around 10 photo matched Manny gamers and I think 4 are matched to home runs. I tried to go back and search my GUU posts but it will only let me search back until Sept. 2009.

The Manny ALDS bat I aquired in 2007 and matched the HR off of Jered Weaver from game 3 in Anaheim shortly after. I just recently picked up that getty image photo and matched to the ALDS walk off HR.

I'm always looking for Manny action photos and have been really lucky lately.

Thanks, Bobby

gameused
01-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Bobby,

Are you ever a Manny seller?

Send me an email at: hawaii_five0@yahoo.com