PDA

View Full Version : Manny & Damon to the Rays!!!!

nationals2k9
01-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Was hoping Manny would land there and bringing in Damon to get on base is nice. Going to be a nice addition with Longoria and crew. I'm thinking Manny could quietly put together a very nice season strictly as a DH with a manager like Maddon to keep everyone on the same page. We'll see!!

sox83cubs84
01-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Looks like jake33 is gonna have a lightned wallet when he collects his 2011 Rays bats.;)

Dave Miedema;)

jake33
01-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I cannot stand either one of those players. But at the cost the Rays got these old guys at, it is not a bad deal at all. Suprised Manny only got $2.0M. I probably won't touch a game used item of either player in Rays gear.

The rays throwabck auction will have a few players uniforms hitting $1,000+ range again. Will be interesting on how insane the bidding goes this year.

The best thing is that the Rays NEED to fill that stadium, those two guys are names that should get some less passionate fans in the door.

Hopefully ticket sales, retail jersey sales, concessions all go up or this team will continue to be looking to find a city that will offer more in return.

I am not overly excited with them coming to the Rays, but hoping most of the Rays Fan Base is. Funny that combining both Damon AND Manny's salaries, they came cheaper than what the Rays paid per year for Pat Burrel.

ironmanfan
01-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Rays may be paying Manny only $2M, but I believe the Dodgers are paying the other $8M (ouch)