PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous Posts

Eric
08-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Hello Forum Readers

I wanted to take a moment to comment on a misconception about the Game Used Forum which has come to light yet again in recent days.

One criticism that I hear about our forum is that people are allowed to make anonymous posts about anyone, and in doing so, deal with no repercussions for their words.

As I have explained before here, and on other websites that is completely incorrect.

People on this forum register with a user name and their valid first and last name, along with other information.

Members of the forum can click on "Hobby Network" and search through the database of users to find the real names which correspond with the user names.

As the 411 lady says "Please make a note of it."

If anyone has any questions about this or other forum policies, you can contact me at ecky3@aol.com.

Thanks
Eric

sportscentury
08-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi, Eric...

Thanks for your post. It's not exactly clear how to do such a search on the Hobby Network page. Based on a couple of conversations I've had, I know I'm not the only one who is confused. Perhaps a short note explaining how to do such a search would help to alleviate the misconception that some folks have.

Thanks,
Reid

sportscentury
08-17-2006, 09:33 AM
As an addendum, perhaps there is a technical problem? When I'm signed in, some of the time the search box shows up and some of the time it does not. If you'd rather email me privately about this, that would be fine - my last post was placed because I thought others may be having this difficulty as well. Thanks for your help.
Reid

Eric
08-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey-

Chris Cavalier sent me this explanation of how to use the Hobby Network area

Very simply, if a user goes to the Hobby Network section they can use the "Search Network" search function to find out the users first and last name. If you type in a specific name like "sportscentury", etc. you will get a specific match.

In addition, if a member wants to contact the member they can send them an email through the system. They can do this through the Hobby Network or through the forum. In fact, if you do a search in the Hobby Network you will see the fields for sending emails right under the "User Information". We do not list the email addresses publicly because we do not want to leave our members open to spam. However, the email address is required when the member registers so we do have email addresses for all our members on file.

otismalibu
08-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Very simply, if a user goes to the Hobby Network section they can use the "Search Network" search function to find out the users first and last name. If you type in a specific name like "sportscentury", etc. you will get a specific match.

So his real name is actually King Jammy. Who knew?

stkmtimo
08-18-2006, 01:10 PM

I just saw that, too. That's really funny but I wonder how it slipped through.

Tim

ChrisCavalier
08-18-2006, 01:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

A point of clarification. If you search by login name you need to do an exact match. A while back we asked all members to make sure they understood that our policy was to make sure each user provided an accurate first and last name. If you read the forum message boards you will see the actual user name in question is "kingjammy24". The previous user name was used prior to our clarification to members in terms of the information required. Given our policies were a change from the policies of the Network 54 site we believe this was perfectly understandable.

The user referenced here has provided all the necessary information for enrollment. In fact, the confusion here is our fault for not deleting the prior enrollment information. I would appreciate if everyone would recognize that fact and please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

otismalibu
08-18-2006, 01:43 PM
My mistake. I thought I'd try the search, and that's the first user name I could think of. But I didn't go back to any posts to make sure I had the exact user ID, and thus typed in "kingjammy" w/o the added numbers at the end.

Greg