PDA

View Full Version : Brewers ON DECK (January 30, 2011)

SkubeBats
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I was wondering who plans on going to this years Brewers On Deck fanfest? I will be set up once again this year. I'll be selling Milwaukee Brewers memorbilia and game used equipment. Stop by my both and say HI. Hope you all have a fun and enjoyable day there. I think the Brewers are going to turn a lot of heads this season. GO BREWERS!!

happyyoungster
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
I'll be there w/ the family.

BrewCrewSackers
01-20-2011, 10:57 PM
I'll be there again skube.

trsent
01-21-2011, 03:58 AM
I was wondering who plans on going to this years Brewers On Deck fanfest? I will be set up once again this year. I'll be selling Milwaukee Brewers memorbilia and game used equipment. Stop by my both and say HI. Hope you all have a fun and enjoyable day there. I think the Brewers are going to turn a lot of heads this season. GO BREWERS!!

Do they sell game used there? Jerseys? Auctions, set prices, etc?

SkubeBats
01-21-2011, 01:14 PM
trsent,
The Brewers have a garage sale area where they sell game used equipment. They have game used jerseys, bats, batting helmets, hats, and bases. The bats are usually $25.00, hats $10-$25.00, helmets $25.00, bases $50.00, and jerseys were $100.00 unsigned and $125.00 for signed jerseys. They have limited supply of stuff when its gone its gone...

They also have a team store area set up but those prices are skyhigh and I do mean high priced. Their way off on the prices they ask in their for game used items.

There will be deallers set up selling all different kind of items and game used equipment.

jjkraner
01-21-2011, 07:50 PM
I will not be able to attend this year. If anyone gets into the garage sale early and their is any game used bases. I would go for one for around 50-65. Also if their are any braun nameplates. Always looking for one of those.

Lastly the had grab bags with tickets in them. I think they went for 10 bucks a pop. If anyone could pick me up two that would be great.

Trublubrucru
01-22-2011, 10:08 AM
The Brewers keep tweaking every year with new rules and price additions. It used to be free admission and free autographs. Now its $20 to get in the door, you have to enter a lottery for star player autos, and if you get lucky and get picked, you have the pleasure of paying $25 more for the auto. Players will be limited to 250 signings in a 45 minute session( about one per twelve seconds), good luck with that. The Brewers are also not guaranteeing the player will sign what you bring. Player photocards will be available. Lines open at 7a.m., event opens at 10 a.m. Prince can't make it to the event, prior engagement.

With the way the Brewers have way overpriced all the game used stuff, it seems that they are turning Brewersfest into Cashfest.

SkubeBats
01-22-2011, 10:59 AM
TruBluBruCru,
When the Brewers held their winter sale in December the prices for their game used equipment wasn't as high as it's been in the past. Maybe the store prices this year will be down to normal prices.

I think this new formate for autographs will be better then it has been in the past. At least everyone will have a shot at getting Ryan Braun's autograph or any of the players their charging for auto. In the past it was first come first served in the auto line. The lines are very long to get into the building if your not up front you wouldn't get Braun auto. this way like I said it's fair for everyone.

The money they get for the autographs is donated to local charities, it's not as if the Brewers keep the money for themselves. It's the same in the barage area all the money is donated for charity.

Trublubrucru
01-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Skube-

I differ with you on the autograph format. I'm not gonna haul my stuff down there in sub zero temps for the "chance" that it might get signed. Last couple of years the attendance has been close to 10,000. That's not a very good chance. Long lines, the new system, and spreading players out over 5 hours sounds like a mess to me, but hey, if whoever is willing to go through it to get an auto, more power to ya.
I know that the auto money is for charity, but the 150k from the gate receipts proly isn't. After tripling their game used prices, It just left me with a bad taste with their approach to fans.

Good luck to all, hope you get that sig or uncover a nice game used gem that they have from time to time.

BrewCrewSackers
01-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Yeah, I don't agree with the lotto idea. Don't think I'll be going now. I also just won a casey mcgee and gomez bats on mlb auctions so I don't think I need to spend more $$ this month. I just got the bats today and they sent me the wrong ones! They sent me the batting practice ones instead of the gamers! Good to see the team store is still ran like garbage. Did you see those bats mlb auctions skube?

SkubeBats
01-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Robin Yount will be at this years event signing autographs. This was just released by the Brewers on their webstite.

SkubeBats
01-31-2011, 05:22 PM
Once again it was another great day at the Brewers On Deck fan fest. The place was crowded like always and the players were great. I didn't hear any complainning about the autograph lines or the new format. I was able to meet and talk to several GUU members during the day. I was able to pick up a few items for myself. I bought 4 Brewers batting helmets Gamel, Hall, Salome, M. Rogers. Also 2 Brewers Negro League 2010 retro complete uniforms of Joe Inglett & Jeff Supan. Also was able to get another gu base and made a trade for this Casy McGeHee gu bat.

xpress34
01-31-2011, 06:10 PM
Once again it was another great day at the Brewers On Deck fan fest. The place was crowded like always and the players were great. I didn't hear any complainning about the autograph lines or the new format. I was able to meet and talk to several GUU members during the day. I was able to pick up a few items for myself. I bought 4 Brewers batting helmets Gamel, Hall, Salome, M. Rogers. Also 2 Brewers Negro League 2010 retro complete uniforms of Joe Inglett & Jeff Supan. Also was able to get another gu base and made a trade for this Casy McGeHee gu bat.

Jamie -

Hey ya! Nice uniforms... but - although the Mets might have work the New York Cubans Negro League uni - the Brewers throw back is a MINOR League Uniform from their past - The Denver Bears.

I've never heard of a Negro League team called the Bears, so I did a search through all the Negro League Team sites I can find... no Bears.

The Uniform appears to be loosely based off of the infamous 1952 'Strike Zone' uniform that the Bears endured for about 1/2 of the 1952 season.

Just thought you might like to know!

- Smitty

P.S. - Suppan's name is spelled with 2 'P's... ;)

xpress34
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Jamie -

Apparently their was a 'Milwaukee Bears' team - for one year - back in the '20's. I was advised of this by my buddy NT Eagle.

I find it interesting that they are not mentioned on any of the Negro League sites I visited.

Just wanted to update you.

- Smitty