PDA

View Full Version : My game used collecting just got expensive!

BergerKing22784
01-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Well this sucks my game used collecting just got expensive! My favorite player and focus of game used collecting just signed with the Yankees so that means all of his stuff will be wayyyyyyy over inflated in price! Guess I wont be buying game used Andruw Jones bats anymore for $75 to $125 here comes all the $200+ prices!

Lokee
01-20-2011, 07:29 PM
I always thought his items where over priced as it is LOL goodluck ! :)

gingi79
01-20-2011, 07:45 PM
He left my beloved team under a cloud of laziness but there is something just wrong about an Atlanta Brave playing for the Yankees. I mean lets face it, Mariano Rivera is the difference between 1 and 4 World Series titles in the 90's. Just can't stomach a mainstay playing for either NY team.

Either way, Steiner will try to rip you off as he is a "new Yankee" but I find if you contact them and ask questions, maybe they will work something out with you.

justinbittner220
01-20-2011, 08:07 PM
OR you could look at it as an opportunity to double your money on what you have invested in his items and start collecting a new player. ;)

yankees506
01-20-2011, 08:32 PM
If you want a jones yankee era bat then maybe a bit more... all of his pre yanks stuff i cant imagine going up in value... maybe a little "new yank hype for a month or two" i know i over-paid last year for a granderson bat because of the yank hype (aka capitalize now or never lol)

or...

If the yanks outfield encounters a major injury and if they have to start andruw and if andruw has an mvp type year..... then maybe you might have to reach a bit deeper into your pockets.

I dont know about you but thats a lot of "if's"

BergerKing22784
01-21-2011, 04:40 AM
I feel you on that man! I am struggling to stomach it myself! I looked at my Andruw collection before heading to work just asked myself WHY ANDRUW WHY!? even though I know the answer he has had to play for league vet min for like 2 seasons now since he got lazy. He had to prove to people he can still play this game. So after 2 seasons of that he finally got someone to pay him a little bit of money and of course it was the Yankees .

CampWest
01-21-2011, 09:56 AM
I hear ya... One of these days, probably July of 2012, my main guy Billy Butler will be traded to a contender in a playoff race. Then he'll sign the following off-season with a bigger market team. Its a near inevitability with the Royals, but the silver lining is most likely my collection won't lose any value.

CampWest
01-22-2011, 02:17 PM
YAHOOOOOO!!!! Looks like I got a few more years before I have to worry about my collection doubling in value...

The Royals and Butler agreed to a four-year, $30 million extension that should keep him in Kansas City through 2014, according to MLB.com.
Butler, 24, was the Royals last arbitration-eligible player. The two sides exchanged figures on Tuesday – Butler wanted $4.3 million while the Royals were willing to pay $3.4 million. Butler’s new deal pays him an average of $7.5 million a year, but the Royals were also able to buy out one year of free agency (he was eligible after 2013).
Butler won the Royals Les Milgram Player of the Year award for the second consecutive season after batting .318 with a .388 on-base percentage, 15 home runs and 78 RBI in 2010.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/22/2602121/royals-butler-gets-30m-four-year.html#ixzz1BnEbFXaI

I hear ya... One of these days, probably July of 2012, my main guy Billy Butler will be traded to a contender in a playoff race. Then he'll sign the following off-season with a bigger market team. Its a near inevitability with the Royals, but the silver lining is most likely my collection won't lose any value.

salty99
01-24-2011, 11:10 PM
I believe the Jones bats at White Sox fest were $150.