PDA

View Full Version : Photo Matching

margoaepi
01-20-2011, 06:24 PM
So I am a newbie at game used items, but I have a few bats and I was wondering the best way to go about photo matching them. Do you guys have any tips? How exactly does one go about photo matching a bat? Thanks.

marinersbaseballfan21
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM
You can look at photos from different photo websites and also look at mlb.tv if you have a subscription. If the date is stamped on the knob or you know when it was used that will narrow your search.

If you want I photomatch bats for people (I'm not supposed to talk about it on here because it's "advertising"). Email me for more info at marinersbaseballfan21@comcast.net

nationals2k9
01-21-2011, 12:05 AM
It starts with using every source available to try and date when your bat was made and hopefully around the time it was used. And from there, use every bit of access you have to photos, video, etc that you can think of while trying to look for obvious similarities in your bat and the bats you notice through your resarch. A lot of bat companies will give you clues through knob markings and barrel labeling. It helps to know some about the player in question and what he typically uses and when. Some guys are easier to track than others. Just don't get discouraged because it's very hard to match anything without top-notch resources and lots of patience.

If you need assistance with decoding knob or barrel labeling or want to know where to find the best pictures, just search for that here. If you're still stumped or want get a second opinion, just ask.