PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite fake...?

EurekaDave
01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
I have a Ronald Reagan signed Official Major League Baseball signed in perfect script. Paid $75 for it. What a bargain. The problem is that the baseball was manufactured during the final stages of his life, when he was unable to sign his own name. But then maybe the GUU has conditioned me to be too skeptical.

Dave Silverbrand

sox83cubs84
01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
In the 1990s, a California dealer and big SCD advertiser sent me a 1975 Cardinals road jersey of Bob Gibson to authenticate. Not only were the tags forged and the fonts wrong on the NOB and numbers...the jersey was the wrong COLOR!!:eek: :eek: :eek: It was powder blue, which the Cardinals didn't start using on the road until 1976.

Also...who can forget the infamous Lampson-approved Cal Ripken Jr. St. Patrick's Day jersey...a style never worn by Baltimore in the Ripken era?

Dave Miedema

stdrwt11
01-19-2011, 10:49 PM
I have had a couple. I had a Biggio Bat auto I paid about $100 that would not be passed by JSA and I also had a Brett Favre/Troy Aikman photo auto that was not passed by JSA. I was distraught when I found this out. This was when I thought if the item had a COA it had to be legit. I quickly realized they could be forged and it was important to know what COAs I could trust (ex PSA, JSA, Tristar, etc).