PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Alt. Black Jerseys 1997 & 2000 Help please?

Tunis
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Several years ago, I purchased the following jerseys. I don't know exactly what I have. Are they game-issued, game-worn, or just knock of replicas? I don't know what the tagging should be on these years. Are they correct? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

1997 Black Alternate Home. Estaban Loaiza #34, Button up.
Russell Athletic Tag on front of tail. Size 48. Authentic Diamond Collection. Small 100% polyester tag attached to this tag. Pirate patch on left sleeve. No patch on right sleeve

2000 Black. Home Alternate. Button up. Pete Vukovich #50
Major league logo above name on back. Pirates patch on left sleeve with Rawlings logo underneath. Three Rivers patch on right sleeve. Rawlings tag in neck with size 48 on it. Small size tag underneath this tag has size 48 100% polyester. Rawlings Authentic collection tag is on outside of front tail.

sox83cubs84
01-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Several years ago, I purchased the following jerseys. I don't know exactly what I have. Are they game-issued, game-worn, or just knock of replicas? I don't know what the tagging should be on these years. Are they correct? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

1997 Black Alternate Home. Estaban Loaiza #34, Button up.
Russell Athletic Tag on front of tail. Size 48. Authentic Diamond Collection. Small 100% polyester tag attached to this tag. Pirate patch on left sleeve. No patch on right sleeve

2000 Black. Home Alternate. Button up. Pete Vukovich #50
Major league logo above name on back. Pirates patch on left sleeve with Rawlings logo underneath. Three Rivers patch on right sleeve. Rawlings tag in neck with size 48 on it. Small size tag underneath this tag has size 48 100% polyester. Rawlings Authentic collection tag is on outside of front tail.

I wouldn't be able to offer an opinion without seeing pictures...verbal descriptions, by comparison, offer very little.

For what it's worth, Russell and Rawlings both made the black alternates from 1997-99. Russell versions carried no year/set/name tagging, while the ones from Rawlings were flag tagged with year and set. The same type of flag tagging appeared in 2000 black alternates, which were produced by Rawlings exclusively.

Dave Miedema

Tunis
01-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Dave,
Thank you for your reply. I will try to get photos up on the site tomorrow evening.
paul

Tunis
01-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Here are the pictures of the tagging for the Loaiza jersey (I hope). I am having alot of problems posting pictures but I think I got the hang of it.

KrukCards
01-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Take a look at the jerseys we've got listed on both eBay(User ID: krukcards) or in our webstore. We've got both game issued and game used Pirates jerseys from both years, many with COA's from the Pirates. Heaven knows we've got plenty of them that you can probably find something like you've got in our inventory.

Steve

sox83cubs84
01-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Loaiza tagging is normal.

Dave Miedema

Tunis
01-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Here is the tag information for the Vukovich jersey from 2000.

sox83cubs84
01-20-2011, 03:19 PM
I have not seen tagging like that on a Rawlings MLB Pirates jersey. Not saying it's automatically bad, as the incentive to forge a Pirates coaches shirt of Vuk would be virtually nil, especially when the style is readily available. I'd want to know provenance on this item, such as a Pirates LOA or a connection to a known bulk buyer of Pirates jerseys (such as Kruk Cards).

Dave Miedema