PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle smoke?

kylehess10
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
I know we all don't live in smoke-free environments, so I'm curious to know how some of you handle smoke and your collection.

For me personally, I live with both of my parents who have been smoking since their teenage years, but all their smoke stays upstairs (I live in the basement), so I don't think that smoke can bother anything. If I ever light up, or if my friends do, I let them know that the door has to be wide open (no matter the temperature outside), they have to stay next to the door, and my air purifier is to be turned on to the max.

jetersbatboy
01-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Freebreze works well, I had a few stinky jersey in the past.

kylehess10
01-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Freebreze works well, I had a few stinky jersey in the past.[/quote]

I use plenty of febreze but I only spray it on the carpet. I wouldn't want my gamers to smell "pretty" :D

Lokee
01-18-2011, 09:21 PM
:p

r_phelps
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
This is calssic. Rex Hudler should handle his smoke smell better thru airports I've heard.

sox83cubs84
01-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Nobody...NOBODY...smokes in our condo unit!!

Dave Miedema

xpress34
01-18-2011, 10:50 PM

Dave Miedema

+1 (except mines a Townhome!)

I don't even let people smoke in my Garage. They have to open the door and go OUTSIDE!

- Smitty

frikativ54
01-18-2011, 10:53 PM

Dave Miedema

In all seriousness, I don't smoke but the previous resident of my apartment did. Therefore, no game used items went anywhere near my old place. Luckily, my parents' home is totally smoke free, so that's where I store my stuff.

metsbats
01-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Exposing game used memorabilia to cigarette smoke is a valid concern. Nobody really wants a jersey smelling like a pack of Winstons except maybe in the case of a Keith Hernandez gamer.

On a personal note I do live in a smoke-free house but keep all my game used jerseys in a plastic covered coat rack (you can buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond) which not only keeps out unwanted odors but provides protection from moths.

We think some valid points were made in this thread however there were some color added which we felt was unnecessary. For this reason we have decided to lock the thread but keep it online for the information provided.