PDA

View Full Version : UnFn'g Believable

xpress34
01-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Well I guess I shouldn't have expected any different from the cheapest sports franchise in America - The Colorado Rockies.

The Rox have for years now starting doing a 'lottery' for the chance to buy tickets to :

Opening Day
Fireworks Games
and BIG Games (Yankees, Red Sox)

They all have price 'tiers' for games - Classic, Premium, etc where ticket prices go up or down depending on the team.

So today, tickets are supposed to go on sale at 10:00am MST if you have a 'lottery password' which I have.

I called yesterday because I also have an ADA account (disabled vet) and you can't order ADA tickets on-line. I verified many ADA seats available and price ranges, etc and that I needed to CALL the Rockies at 10:00am to order my tickets.

So, 10:00am comes and I call and after a short hold (5 minutes or so) get told that NO, there is now a place on-line that I have to write a message to ticketmaster and request my ADA tickets through them.

I do that (of course I am 10 minutes behind now - a lifetime in an on-line sale) and I get a response that ticketmaster is working on my tickets and someone will contact me shortly - that was over 2 hours ago.

I call the ticketmaster number and get put on hold for 45 minutes, hang up, call the Rockies to get some assistance - you'd think they could hel an ADA acct holder with tickets - but NO, I get sent right back to ticketmaster.

So here I am - no tickets and no on that gives a rat's ass at ticketmaster or the Rockies.

Great Customer Service.

nt_eagle
01-18-2011, 02:56 PM
And this doesn't even include the cheapness of the Rockies Organization in not allowing Regular Fans (whom do not have Season Tickets) to attend their Fan Fest! Why not just call it 'Season Ticket Holder Fest'?! The Rockies will be a very good Team for the next couple of years...too bad their Front Office is still back in the Dark Ages!!

kellsox
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Several teams incorporate some sort of tier system in their ticket sales. I also know that the red sox have ticket lotteries(and have for years) for Yankees/opening day/ green monster tickets...

xpress34
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
**UPDATE**

I have to give - at least the Ticket Office - of the Rockies credit. After ranting here, I sent a message to the Rockies via their webpage.

Within 15 minutes I received a call from a Ticket Supervisor who was extremely apologetic for the runaround I had received and got me squared away and found me tickets for Opening Day!

It doesn't make the ticket sale system any better, but at least one person at the Rockies listened and cared and took care of me.

- Smitty

kellsox
01-22-2011, 09:54 PM
So you bitch and complain and get your tickets and now you are asking advice on if you should scalp the tickets- nice...

xpress34
01-22-2011, 10:40 PM
So you bitch and complain and get your tickets and now you are asking advice on if you should scalp the tickets- nice...First of all, my complaint was over the fact that I was given the run around by the people who answer the phone for the Rockies - not that I owe you an explanation...

Second, I understand the lottery for 'hot' tickets... by tiering I mean that the Rockies charge different prices for games not only for Opening Day, but for Fireworks games as well and they have Premium Games and Classic Games, etc, etc so the price is not always the same day in and day out for any given game day...

Third, I posted an update expressing gratitude to the person who actually went out of their way to correct the situation - IMMEDIATELY after getting off the phone with them.

Forth, I don't and didn't buy tickets with the intent of scalping them - but when they came in and they were WAY above what I expected, I have to weigh the benefit they can bring to my family - the same as I do on pretty much any game used or autographed item I buy, sell or trade for. Just because I picked it up doesn't mean it's staying around.

Can you honestly say that if you bought something for $100 (tickets or whatever - that you bought with the intent of just buying and using) and you found out that it could be worth up to 10x the amount if you sold it by a certain date - regardless of your original intent - that you wouldn't entertain the thought?

And if you actually READ my other post, I explained this already - but again, I don't owe you or anyone else on this board an explanation - but since you want to get in my business, there it is.

Honestly, I was going to write some snide insidious remark back at you here, but it's really not worth my time or the effort.

- Smitty

Titans74
01-22-2011, 11:39 PM
No one is "getting into your business" when you post your so-called business openly on a public forum. Secondly, based on what I've read, you're attitude appears to suck. Just my two cents.

xpress34
01-23-2011, 12:19 AM
No one is "getting into your business" when you post your so-called business openly on a public forum. Secondly, based on what I've read, you're attitude appears to suck. Just my two cents.

When I've already explained my point in another thread and then I get attacked here, that is people getting into my business...

I'm not sure how you ascertain that my attitude sucks... :confused:

I was mad because I got the run around? yeah, my attitude sucked there because you would have been happy?

I gave credit to the guy who actually stepped up and figured out the issue with the ticket deal? Yeah, that was sucky of me...:rolleyes:

So because I bitched about the system (which still sucks), but ended up with good - no great - tickets and because my family could use the money the tickets could be worth to achieve some different goals - my attitude sucks? :rolleyes:

I'm not going to get into a name calling match with you or anyone else on here, but I'm glad to know that due to ONE incident that I was P.O.'d about that has now changed directions that my attitude sucks.

Thank you for that in depth analysis and expert commentary Kreskin.

lehmsbobby
01-23-2011, 12:50 AM
This is the reason teams don't give away tickets to the public. People like you want to make a quick buck off 'em. The team was gracious to you in giving you the tickets so to sell them is rude. Again my 2 cents, but think the Rocks position giving the best tix in the house as a nice deed instead of giving them to a celeb or rich guy or something

xpress34
01-23-2011, 01:17 AM
This is the reason teams don't give away tickets to the public. People like you want to make a quick buck off 'em. The team was gracious to you in giving you the tickets so to sell them is rude. Again my 2 cents, but think the Rocks position giving the best tix in the house as a nice deed instead of giving them to a celeb or rich guy or something

Lehm -

I understand your point (highlighted by me in bold) and agree with it.

What I don't get - or rather it appears that the attacks I'm getting don't get - if you actually read my post and what I said - is that I didn't buy the tickets to (as you said) 'make a quick buck off of 'em'.

Go back to my other thread and look at the picture I just posted from today at Fan Fest.

The picture is from the seats I was expecting to get (concourse accessible seating) - the RED bullseye are the seats I was actually sold.

When I found out what seats I am holding, regardless of what anyone hear believes, that's a game changer.

I bought what I believed to be concourse seats with every intent of sitting in them. These seats? Can you or anyone else (that isn't financially independent) really tell me if you found out you had these - and with the economy the way it is - that you ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT - would NOT (NEVER EVER, NO WAY) consider selling them?

Maybe not the best analogy, but maybe it will make sense. If you went and asked for a Lottery ticket and gave the cashier your numbers and paid for it and then found out (AFTER THE FACT) that they had actually sold you different numbers that were actually the winning numbers that you wouldn't cash it in?

I have NOT said with any certainty that I am selling these tickets - entertaining the idea yes... hell we all entertain ideas all the time that we may never act on... but you guys are painting me as some 'con man' who worked his wiles to take the Rockies for the best seats int he house with the intent to defraud and turn and sell them as soon as they hit my hand and that is absolutely the farthest thing from the truth.

I wrote a thread asking for OPINIONS of what others would do and I have been unfairly LIBELED and DEFAMED and called (or inferred) a SCALPER, RUDE, etc. for an action I haven't even taken.

I really like your posts Lehm, but seriously all the self righteous members on here can go take a flying leap.

Maybe if some people on here learn how to actually READ and INTERPRET what has been written before they start writing and making FALSE accusations, then we wouldn't have issues like what is starting to happen in this thread.

FWIW - I wrote the MODS a few hours ago and asked them to CLOSE or DELETE this thread because I saw it was already headed down this road with Kellsox and Titans comments.

And a 2nd FWIW - all you self righteous members I referred to above - I still have the tickets in hand and I have NOT offered them for sale - here, eBay, CL or anywhere else for that matter - so when you get off your pious little soap boxes maybe we can have a civil discussion.

I'm truly sorry and saddened that you can't even have a discussion on here anymore to see how people would react if they ended up in the same situation without being attacked.

xpress34
01-23-2011, 02:22 AM
FYI -

I have sent the MODS a 2nd request to CLOSE or DELETE this Thread before the whole thing spins out of control.

- Smitty

kellsox
01-23-2011, 10:55 AM
You may not owe anyone an explanation but by repeatedly posting about your plight then posting pictures of tickets and asking if you should scalp( I mean sell) your tickets opens you up to questions. Last time I checked this is a public forum and by posting you will receive different opinions from different people. I don't care what you do with your tickets but your posts don't make you look very good in this situation. It sounds like they went out of their way to do you a favor and give you the opportunity to buy tickets that most can not gain access to. Not sure why this thread should be closed, you opened it up for discussion- not everyone is going to agree with you...

bagbig
01-23-2011, 06:06 PM
I hate the dog piling on this site, but come on Xpress34!! You open a thread titled "UnFn'g Believable" and then trash the Rockies. They got out of their way to make you happy and your first thought is "Should I sell the tickets??" And you wonder why there are so many problems trying to buy tickets on team sites for big games?!? Greed.

jppopma
01-30-2011, 10:59 PM
No offense Smitty, but you do come across looking bad in this whole thing. I have not even read the other thread, so I don't know what else has been said with it. Hopefully things will all work out for you and don't sweat the name calling...you're above that and all the names will soon be long forgotten.