PDA

View Full Version : Joe Mauer game used bat

staindsox
01-17-2011, 06:17 PM
This is a Louisville Slugger bat Joe used while with the New Britain Rock Cats in 2003, the year before his MLB debut. The bat came directly from the Rock Cats. The person I bought it from several years ago had purchased it at the Rock Cats store (they did not issue COAs for bats at that time). I also bought a Morneau Prostock Easton gamer from the same guy that still had the store price tag on the knob.

Joe wrote his name and number on the knob. I have owned about 25 Mauer bats and this is the most heavily used one I have ever seen. It has perfect pinetar application. There are tons of ball marks and ink smudges on the barrel. One or two of the ink smudges are clearly minor league baseball logos. There is a lot of grain separation and the end of the barrel is cracked. There is also a break very low on the handle. Several of the Mauer bats I have owned were broken here. There is also some tape residue lower on the barrel. This is likely a game bat that was demoted to BP because of the grain separation.

The Rock Cat photos are of him using Louisville Sluggers (one is clearly a Pro Stock bat). There is a River Bandits photo of him using a LS bat and it looks like his last name is written on the knob. Joe used LS Prostock bats throughout his entire minor league career, although he has rarely used LS in the Majors. $495 or best offer.

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

staindsox
01-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Would like to move quickly. Would go $395.

Thanks.

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

staindsox
01-21-2011, 01:57 PM
$350