PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS CAVALIER or ANY MOD on here???

xpress34
01-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Hello -

Not trying to start a spat, but I have to say that I am quite disappointed in the new system here.

My friend Erik Teller is staying with me here in Denver from Houston and he was excited to become a member of GUU but was told he can not do any posting, etc until he has been contacted - usually 24-48 hours.

Well, Erik signed up on Jan 6th - a week ago this past Thursday. He got a call but wasn't near his phone 4 days later Monday the 10th and a message was left. He called back on Tuesday and got Chris's VM and left him a message.

It is now Mon the 17th - a WEEK later and no one has bothered to call him back.

I can personally vouch for Erik - and in fact some of the members here know or have met Erik in the past at Nationals, etc or have made deals with him in the past including Dave Mediema, Kim Stigall, Zane Burns and Chris Boyd.

Is there anyone out there that would care to call him TODAY and get him verified?

We talk a lot of rhetoric about adding new members who can be valuable assets to the forum, but the powers that be wait 4 days to call to verify and then after he calls back, he can't get a call back within a WEEK?

I'm sure this will get me a lot of grief, but this (in my humble opinion) is unacceptable behavior.

Please address this issue and get this man on board!

- Smitty

AWA85
01-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Had the same issue happen to our new Reds collector, who spent plenty of time trying to get on as well as numerous messages unanswered.

Guess it is the price we are paying to avoid the spammers.

frikativ54
01-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Remember, it's a holiday weekend; there are going to be delays because of that. Still, the new system is a necessity to prevent the banned characters from infiltrating the forum.

ChrisCavalier
01-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Chris,

We have gone ahead and approved Erik based on your recommendation. We are trying to call everyone for approval but, as you know, there are times when people are not available, etc. In all likelihood, we will be looking to come up with a more expeditious system in the future but we will do the best with the current system that is now in place.

Ironically, we are getting quite a few people registering now and maybe that is the by-product of the fact that we are making sure people know the rules before they can begin posting as well as the fact that violators will face administrative action. I trust people are finding the site more amicable in terms of the tone of people posting and anyone can email or contact us if they feel there is anyone attempting to disrupt the harmony of the forum.

Net, we are trying to get to everyone approved in the most expeditious manner possible and we are doing this on our time for the benefit of our members. As you know, we have chosen not to charge anyone for use of the forum and we are doing the best we can at the moment to try to keep the forum free or people that would cause any problems. I understand most people don't look at those type of things but I just want to let people know we are doing what we can at the moment.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Sincerely,
Chris

nt_eagle
01-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Much thanks for the acceptance, and reply, Chris!

xpress34
01-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Chris,

We have gone ahead and approved Erik based on your recommendation. We are trying to call everyone for approval but, as you know, there are times when people are not available, etc. In all likelihood, we will be looking to come up with a more expeditious system in the future but we will do the best with the current system that is now in place.

Ironically, we are getting quite a few people registering now and maybe that is the by-product of the fact that we are making sure people know the rules before they can begin posting as well as the fact that violators will face administrative action. I trust people are finding the site more amicable in terms of the tone of people posting and anyone can email or contact us if they feel there is anyone attempting to disrupt the harmony of the forum.

Net, we are trying to get to everyone approved in the most expeditious manner possible and we are doing this on our time for the benefit of our members. As you know, we have chosen not to charge anyone for use of the forum and we are doing the best we can at the moment to try to keep the forum free or people that would cause any problems. I understand most people don't look at those type of things but I just want to let people know we are doing what we can at the moment.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly.

Sincerely,
Chris

Chris -

Thanks for taking care of him. I have know Erik since the late 80's when we worked at different card shops in the North Texas area (Lewisville and Denton). I have to actually credit him with giving me the 'Game Used Bug' way back in the day...

I understand what the new system is attempting to do and I do appreciate it. Just wearing some egg on my face here in my own house when my friend of 30+ years is having an extended stay with me and I talked up the site and then the system didn't seem to be working in it's own time frame.

I appreciate - and am quite frankly humbled - that you respect my recommendation enough to get him approved.

All the best to you and yours.

- Smitty

Fnazxc0114
01-17-2011, 07:56 PM
one town 10 miles from my house and the other 30 minutes. Express if you ever come back to dallas you should let me buy you a beer.

Klattsy
01-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Just out of curiosity, how does this phone call system work for international members?

Mark.

xpress34
01-17-2011, 09:31 PM
one town 10 miles from my house and the other 30 minutes. Express if you ever come back to dallas you should let me buy you a beer.

Fnazxc -

'I like beer... it makes me a jolly good fellow... I like beer... it makes me feel glad and sometimes it makes me feel mellow...'
:D

Hope all is good with you and yours... planning my 2011 Spring Training sabbatical right now...

All the best -

Smitty