PDA

View Full Version : Relisting on ebay and it sells for more?

jake33
01-16-2011, 06:55 PM
This continues to happen for me on ebay as a seller. I will list something for $20 and it won't sell. Then I will relist the same item the next day for $12 and it will end up selling for $32.50

Do people really get caught up in bidding and winning that easily?

This is a recent example from 2 days ago, but have many stories like this over the last decade, all game used items....

NeonStatus
01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Sometimes you have something on your watch list and just don't have the money for it at the time. Or you are watching it and just completly forget about it until you check back days later. You notice that the item didn't receive any bids and its then relisted. So this time you have the time/funds to bid.

neverfinished94
01-17-2011, 12:46 AM
This happened to me recently with a football. I listed it at $34.99 and no one bid. The next week I relisted at $24.99 and it had 8 bids and ended at $56.

EurekaDave
01-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Sounds crazy but I often list things with a 1 cent starting price. My reasoning is that once someone bids a penny, they feel vested in the outcome. If it doesn't reach a minimum by 12 hours before the close, just pull it. So maybe I'm the fool--but at least a happy fool.

Dave Silverbrand

perlman9
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
I remember someone here had a Devin Thomas Redskins jersey and didn't sell at buy it now for like $299 but sold at relisted auction for like $450 or something like that. I think part if it is, for me, if you don't know the value you may be leary about buying it at a price but if someone else is bidding it let's you feel as if the value is what you are bidding. I didn't buy the Thomas as he was cut from Washington and I thought the value may be going way down. Although I would never have paid that much ($450) for it, I did feel comfortable buying another at $250

Marichal27
01-20-2011, 01:20 AM
This continues to happen for me on ebay as a seller. I will list something for $20 and it won't sell. Then I will relist the same item the next day for $12 and it will end up selling for $32.50

Do people really get caught up in bidding and winning that easily?

This is a recent example from 2 days ago, but have many stories like this over the last decade, all game used items....

It can be really hit or miss; like a roll of the dice. I've had items on ebay, winner backs out, the one who came in second and I sent a second offer, never responded. Then I relisted it and and made around $75-$50- less than the first auction. On the other hand I remember relisting something because the winner stiffed me, and it sold for more than original final bid in the first auction.

cohibasmoker
01-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Happens quite often for me. There are many issues that can effect a sale like;

1) perhaps there are are other auctions hosted by major auction houses;
2) unlike the Federal Government, most people don't have unlimited funds and only spend what they afford to spend so we prioritize our purchases;
3) Vacations;
4) rountine household expenses;
5) getting cash from flipping other items.

The list can go on and on and with eBay offering free listings every now and again, what does an auction really cost? .40-.50 a listing?

Just an opinion,

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net