PDA

View Full Version : What should I? Orioles question

BergerKing22784
01-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Ok so the Orioles changed their fanfest this year and are charging for autographs but you do get to prepay for who you want and you get them..

That being said

I have 2 Wieters vouchers
2 Markakis vouchers
2 Adam Jones vouchers....

I am just debating on what I should get signed. I am going to use one of the Wieters vouchers on his sports illustrated from last season I know that much. I already have him on an Orioles catcher mini helmet and a baseball.

I already have Markakis on a replica jersey and baseball.

I already have Adam Jones on a Mariners and Orioles mini helmet...

So what should I get signed? I have found some nice pictures of each of them that I could get turned into larger sized photos but if I could do better Id like too. All 3 of their game used prices are way to high if you ask me... Ive seen Markakis bats sell for like 300-500 and Jones at 200 plus. I just struggle to pay that much for a doubles hitter on a losing team and two other guys who might become great players...

Ive checked ebay and didnt see any real cool looking items up there for all 3 players so my question is what are some suggestions I should look for?

gingi79
01-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Had a few suggestions, won't be at all upset if you ignore them. It sounds like you are a big O's fan.

1) Perhaps get a huge picture/painting/poster of an Orioles symbol and use this a a great way to jump start getting it team signed over the course of the season. I mean once you have those 3, you could go after the secondary players at every game you go to.

2) Have your favorite photo blown up to life size (or close to it) and have them sign it. Forget 16 x20 like 36 x 60 :eek:

3) You could always buy an authentic # 0, 1 and 2 and have them signed. Then you could either frame just the number or have it sewn onto a jersey later.

4) Plus! If you buy a game used nameplate of the players (much cheaper than bats or jerseys) you could frame the nameplate and signed number together. To me, that would be a wicked and original display piece.

Just some ideas, have fun getting whatever you do decide signed.

rays54
01-16-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm big on seatbacks. Get a Camden Yards seatback and have the three
autograph each individual slat.

BergerKing22784
01-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Actually I am a life long Braves fan who was a military brat and Baltimore was the last place my dad got stationed before he retired so I never left the area. O's are a 2nd favorite team...

One of the photos I found is of Jones and Markakis both climbing the wall watching a HR ball fly into the stands thought it looked pretty cool but not sure how well it would come out blown up to a 16x20.

BostonSportsFan
01-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Ok so the Orioles changed their fanfest this year and are charging for autographs but you do get to prepay for who you want and you get them..

That being said

I have 2 Wieters vouchers
2 Markakis vouchers
2 Adam Jones vouchers....

I am just debating on what I should get signed. I am going to use one of the Wieters vouchers on his sports illustrated from last season I know that much. I already have him on an Orioles catcher mini helmet and a baseball.

I already have Markakis on a replica jersey and baseball.

I already have Adam Jones on a Mariners and Orioles mini helmet...

So what should I get signed? I have found some nice pictures of each of them that I could get turned into larger sized photos but if I could do better Id like too. All 3 of their game used prices are way to high if you ask me... Ive seen Markakis bats sell for like 300-500 and Jones at 200 plus. I just struggle to pay that much for a doubles hitter on a losing team and two other guys who might become great players...

Ive checked ebay and didnt see any real cool looking items up there for all 3 players so my question is what are some suggestions I should look for?

I would actually recommend getting to the head of the line to get in the door once fan fest opens and then running for the game used room, digging through the piles of firewood errr I mean game used bats that the O's typically sell and see if any of those players are signing. At least you won't shell out $300 plus for game used of Markakis, Wieters, Jones etc. and still get some nice auto's of players that nobody has ever heard of who will end up being out of professional baseball in 3 years.

Joe