PDA

View Full Version : Mastro Auction "s/s" notation?

cjclong
08-16-2006, 08:02 AM
In the current Mastro auction in lott 1808 of a 1961 Yankees team autographed ball they list all the signers, however the listing for two are : Yogi Berra (s/s "9-10") and Mickey Mantle (s/s "10"). These are the only two of the listed signers that have anyting after their name. I assume the number is the quality of the autograph but I am unfamiliar with the "s/s". (I know ch stands for clubhouse). If anyone knows what s/s means I would appreciate it if they would let me know. I emailed Mastro but haven't had a response. I might want to bid but not if I don't know what I'm getting. Any help appreciated.

sylbry
08-16-2006, 08:16 AM
Sweet spot maybe? I haven't seen the auction, just guessing.

sportscentury
08-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Best thing to do is just email or call them, I believe. That way, you'll get a quick and definite answer. Mastronet is usually pretty good about getting back to emails and taking calls.

Let us know what you find and good luck.
Reid

rjdgonebats
08-16-2006, 06:30 PM
They both have signed on the sweetspot. Hope this helps

Vintagedeputy
08-16-2006, 08:20 PM
S/S means sweet spot.

OAL, ONL, OML refer to the ball "Official American League" etc.

cjclong
08-17-2006, 10:21 AM
I got a reply back from Mastro a day later saying s/s did mean sweet spot as had been supposed in the answer following my post. Also found out you can't sign up for their auction the day before it ends which in my experience is unusual. Appreciate the reply which correctly predicted the answer.