PDA

View Full Version : New pickup: Ted Simmons Cardinals' Jersey

ruhoos
01-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Long time reader, finally decided to start posting... Picked this beauty up from Topps. It's my first "vintage" jersey. Not a Cardinals' fan, but respect the career this possible future hall of famer had. Jersey displays a ton of use, as evidenced by the dirt stains.

Birdbats
01-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Sweet! As someone who has a '74 Simmons jersey, two game-used caps and 10 game-used bats (yeah, I'm a big fan), I can really appreciate your acquisition!

cohibasmoker
01-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Why Ted isn't in the Hall is subject to debate but he certainly is worthy - Nice jersey

harpt
01-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Ted is one of my all-time favorites. GREAT pickup!!

Kid4hof03
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Great jersey!

sox83cubs84
01-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Fantastic Simmons gamer...even a Cubs fan (like me) has to appreciate it.;)

As far as Simmons in the HoF; not sure if he will make it or not, but I'd surely include him in the discussion.

Dave Miedema

Dewey2007
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Very nice pickup! Please excuse my ignorance but you mentioned that you picked the jersey up from Topps. Is that Topps as in the card company? I wasn't aware they sold game worn jerseys.

Long time reader, finally decided to start posting... Picked this beauty up from Topps. It's my first "vintage" jersey. Not a Cardinals' fan, but respect the career this possible future hall of famer had. Jersey displays a ton of use, as evidenced by the dirt stains.

jppopma
01-17-2011, 12:39 AM
I have purchased a couple jerseys from Topps over the years. They will have gamers available through Topps Vault from time to time. Not sure if they are cards that didn't get cut for cards, of what the case is. Just like anything else, you have to do your homework no matter who you are buying from.