PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE ? Know how to Tell Champion Re-Issues ?

Lokee
01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Si I heard Champion re-issued some of the 90's basketball jersey's and made them look like gamers with almost identitcal tagging.

Does anyone know how to tell them apart ? or have examples ?

Thanks

sox83cubs84
01-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Si I heard Champion re-issued some of the 90's basketball jersey's and made them look like gamers with almost identitcal tagging.

Does anyone know how to tell them apart ? or have examples ?

Thanks

Lokee:

I know how to spot most of them from the first batch (either 1991-92 or 92-93, I forget the exact year).

I'm caught up with the Cubs Convention this weekend, so my computer time is limited. Once the show is over (Sunday evening or Monday), I'll post on this thread with what information I have.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
01-15-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm unable to sleep tonight, so I'll try to cover the 1992-93 NBA Commemorative Collection jerseys (to be referred to as NBACC) and how to spot differences where I know them.

LAKERS:

Magic Johnson home...Johnson didn't play in 92-93

BLAZERS:

Clyde Drexler road...Drexler gamers had 3 or 4 (would have to look up which) inches of extra length noted on the Exclusive tag...NBACC versions had only 2 inches.

SUNS:

Charles Barkley...don't recall if home or road, but the telling point is real obvious. Suns gamers are one of the few styles in this era which had the NBA logo on the RIGHT shoulder front. The NBACC versions have it on the left shoulder front.

JAZZ:

Karl Malone home...vastly different font on Malone's number (32) front and back of the NBACC version than on Jazz gamers.

BULLS:

The only team with 2 players in the group (Jordan and Pippen). Both were road reds, and both had sans seraf NOBs on the backs...the correct style for when the Buls used jerseys with screened on nmbers and letters, but not when the Bulls switched to sewn-on characters (1991-92). On gamers, the NOB font is very similar to what they use on current gamers.

CELTICS:

Larry Bird road...again, he didn't play in 1992-93

KNICKS:

Patrick Ewing. Gamers had 6" extra length tagged, while NBACC examples have only 4.

UNCONFIRMED:

Shaquille O'Neal road Magic and Larry Johnson road Hornets...if they do exist in NBACC form, I have yet to discern the difference.

Hope that helps.

Dave Miedema

Lokee
03-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Dave,

revisiting this post thanks for the insight :)

JasonM33
03-08-2011, 08:30 PM
You see those Magic Johnson 92-93 jerseys show up a lot. They are nice and I'd love to have one but they aren't gamers. However, it makes me wonder what jersey he used during the 92-93 pre-season. He did play in the pre-season that year but no official games. The Lakers had a habit of using jerseys from previous seasons so I doubt he had any 92-93 jerseys team issued but you never know.