PDA

View Full Version : Team signed jersey tips

hrocket
01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just ordered my 2010 SF Giants Home Jersey for the entire team to sign on the front side. My plan is to have them sign in Blue Sharpie.

Any advice or experiences on having a team jersey signed.

I will be using a large book to stretch out the jersey and I will have plastic covering the back side for when they lay down the jersey on the table.

Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

MarinersFan34
01-13-2011, 05:12 PM
I would think that if it gets signed around the same time and you put it into a UV protected case you might be ok.

I have a M's jersey signed by some 40+ players/coaches and the first auto was done in blue so I kept with that color for the rest. After years of taking it to games and signings those bright blue autos have turned to a navy blue from exposure to light over time. I got a Tacoma Rainiers signed by the team done in black and I have yet to notice any fading or discoloration and it has been out on display in my sports room several times where natural light does get in.

I don't know if the material or pens make a difference but I'd probably lean towards a black pen for any future team jersey signings, assuming the jersey is light in color or at least make preperations for proper storage if going with blue ink.

Also, I never did anything real special when having my jersey signed. At signings there was never a problem, they always laid it out flat and the player picked a spot. At the ballpark I would often fold it up to the area I wanted signed and never had any problems that way.

xpress34
01-13-2011, 05:16 PM
My 1st tip would be Med Point PAINT Pen. On white poly, blue sharpie WILL eventually bleed. Paint Pens are exactly that - Paint in a Pen.

Make sure they are charged (shake them up well) and have test paper to make sure they aren't 'bleeding' before you hand to the players to sign.

Also, make sure you tell the players the pen is 'charged' so they don't push down on the tip and make it bleed on the jersey.

The autos will last longer and stay sharper.

Just my .02

(and here's my all time Rockies jersey just so you know I've been there - over 100 Autos on it)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Jerseys/RoxTeam.jpg

- Smitty