PDA

View Full Version : Bricol auction

Yankwood
08-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Currently under "Featured Items" there is a natural colored Derek Jeter bat. Has anyone ever seen Jeter use anything but a black Louisville Slugger since he's been in the majors?
Secondly, another '84-'85 Mattingly M110. How many of these things are floating around out there? Any thoughts?

psmachetti
08-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Currently under "Featured Items" there is a natural colored Derek Jeter bat. Has anyone ever seen Jeter use anything but a black Louisville Slugger since he's been in the majors?
Secondly, another '84-'85 Mattingly M110. How many of these things are floating around out there? Any thoughts?

Well , that depends. Do they come w/ a Lou Lampson LOA?:D
Paul

pjbmd
08-15-2006, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't immediately discount this DJ bat as being bogus.The signature looks like a very early one. Although I've never seen him use anything but a black LS I wonder, could this be a Clippers bat?
pjb

JimCaravello
08-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi Terry - Mattingly did not order Finished M110 bats during the 84-85 labeling period. That's a bat I would not be comfortable with and I know that John Taube would not grade the bat as we have had specific conversations about this in the past. In my learning days, before I obtained the Louisville Slugger Shipping Records, I owned and sold a similar bat and the buyer sent the bat to John for authentication. John would not grade the bat. I was lucky enough to receive a full refund from the auction company that I bought the bat from. This, along with a bad Yaz bat ( fortunate enough again to get a full refund ) sent me on a quest to learn everything I could about the shipping records, as well as to obtain as many records as possible. I feel fortunate that I can now share that information with others.

Regarding the Jeter, I have seen a couple of blonde bats from his minor league days, although those bats had Louisville Slugger on the barrel and not New York Yankees. This could very well be a BP bat ( I have never seen Jeter use a blonde bat in the majors, but yet, as I try to watch every Yankees game, I have not seen everyone since he has been in the bigs....... ) - or this could be a bat from 1994 or 1995 that he used in the minors and or with the Yanks in 1995 when he was called up. I would suggest an e-mail to Taube as he may no more - he may even have Jeter's records. I am in no way saying this bat is not legitimate - just stating facts that I know.

Jim

possum
08-15-2006, 11:14 PM
Paul, from what I've seen, Lampson's word is worth more in baseball memorabilia than hockey. Which isn't saying too much, I know.

That said, how reliable is old Lou on baseball stuff? There's a jersey of my childhood hero that I really want but don't want to bite if its fake. Can anyone vouch for a certain German-named Bay Area jersey on there? :) I love the Stein!