PDA

View Full Version : Benson Jersey on NFL Auction

dplettn
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Can anyone with Jersey experience tell me what the white color above the jersey number on this Cedric Benson jersey would be?

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=142697630&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=143044340

I'm wondering whether its the sort of things that adds to or detracts from how well the jersey would display (the jersey's "character")... Is such coloration something that occurs naturally from game use?

I was at the game. It wasn't raining or snowing, and it was played on Field turf.

Dewey2007
01-11-2011, 11:52 AM
If it's an unwashed jersey it could be sweat staining. IMO, if the stain is a product of direct game use then it only adds to the jerseys "character".

Can anyone with Jersey experience tell me what the white color above the jersey number on this Cedric Benson jersey would be?

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=142697630&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=143044340

I'm wondering whether its the sort of things that adds to or detracts from how well the jersey would display (the jersey's "character")... Is such coloration something that occurs naturally from game use?

I was at the game. It wasn't raining or snowing, and it was played on Field turf.

Lokee
01-11-2011, 12:20 PM
The white streaks are salt stains, it is the sodium (salt) from your sweat. :)

dplettn
01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Thank you guys very much. I now would feel comfortable bidding. Also, the auction now has surpassed what my highest possible bid was. So, if anybody was holding off based on not wanting to bid against a fellow member... please know its now beyond my budget anyway.

On another note, can anyone refer me to an appropriate place to get photo matching help on a Bengals Chad Johnson game worn jersey, which doesn't exhibit use that I would recognize. I'm not sure whether it was worn in a preseason game, etc, or if its just a matter of Chad's playing style not causing wear I notice. But, it it possible to photomatch from variant threads like this? (back of right arm hole)