PDA

View Full Version : Pablo Sandoval W.S. Game Used Stuff and recap of the GT Sports Show in San Jose

matt
01-10-2011, 06:03 PM
I have not been posting much for a while, but will get back into it with the recap of the GT Sports show in San Jose this past weekend, and my signing with the Panda, Pablo Sandoval. I was lucky to get Sandoval to sign his 2010 Helmet and World Series Jersey that I had bought from the Giants with a nice "Game Used 2010 W.S." inscription. I was nervous he would either want the items back or refuse this inscription, but he was very nice and after an inspection recognized both items and agreed. He remembered the jersey because it has a wrinkled Giants patch and is completely trashed, with threads hanging all over. I photo-matched it easily from April through year-end with the weird patch and letter alignment. He was a very nice guy, though he was an hour late showing up. Below are some pics of him and the items. Great pine tar on the helmet...still sticky! I will post photo-matches when I have soem time for both the helmet and jersey.

As for the show, despite being a football show (Namath, Rice, Young, Taylor, riggens, Craig), the crowds came for the Giants. This was billed as Posey's only off-season signing and they sold over 500 tickets for him for over $150 each plus inscriptions, etc. Panda was only $45 - a bargain by comparison. The place was a ZOO and poorly run. we waited for over 2 hours in lines, and the place was far too small...parking overrun, nowhere to sit, very bad for kids. Other giants included Torres, Shierholz, Bochy, Ross. Andre Dawson was there but had no line at all...I felt bad for him. John Riggins had only 1 photo opp paid for. But Posey signed for hours and people fawned all over him. He was generous with his smiles and time. There were some good booths with cards, photos and some game used, but not much. Saw one guy with 5-6 hammered Posey bats getting them all signed...not cheap at these prices, but he signed with any inscription you wanted.

Bottom line is that this show had great signers and very poor management. Maybe they will be beter next year, but I will not drag my son if I go at all.

Matt

Dewey2007
01-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!

To bad they didn't have him take his photo ops with a Panda cap on...

I have not been posting much for a while, but will get back into it with the recap of the GT Sports show in San Jose this past weekend, and my signing with the Panda, Pablo Sandoval. I was lucky to get Sandoval to sign his 2010 Helmet and World Series Jersey that I had bought from the Giants with a nice "Game Used 2010 W.S." inscription. I was nervous he would either want the items back or refuse this inscription, but he was very nice and after an inspection recognized both items and agreed. He remembered the jersey because it has a wrinkled Giants patch and is completely trashed, with threads hanging all over. I photo-matched it easily from April through year-end with the weird patch and letter alignment. He was a very nice guy, though he was an hour late showing up. Below are some pics of him and the items. Great pine tar on the helmet...still sticky! I will post photo-matches when I have soem time for both the helmet and jersey.

As for the show, despite being a football show (Namath, Rice, Young, Taylor, riggens, Craig), the crowds came for the Giants. This was billed as Posey's only off-season signing and they sold over 500 tickets for him for over $150 each plus inscriptions, etc. Panda was only $45 - a bargain by comparison. The place was a ZOO and poorly run. we waited for over 2 hours in lines, and the place was far too small...parking overrun, nowhere to sit, very bad for kids. Other giants included Torres, Shierholz, Bochy, Ross. Andre Dawson was there but had no line at all...I felt bad for him. John Riggins had only 1 photo opp paid for. But Posey signed for hours and people fawned all over him. He was generous with his smiles and time. There were some good booths with cards, photos and some game used, but not much. Saw one guy with 5-6 hammered Posey bats getting them all signed...not cheap at these prices, but he signed with any inscription you wanted.

Bottom line is that this show had great signers and very poor management. Maybe they will be beter next year, but I will not drag my son if I go at all.

Matt

Manram
01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Those are sweet items even if they werent signed, but the sigs look great. Now i wish i would have bought the helmet when i had the chance :rolleyes:

Cubsfan4life
01-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Amazing items; anything from the World Series is extremely drool worthy!

Dach0sen0ne
01-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Beautiful Items!!! I bet your son was excited to meet Panda, but that sucks about the wait.

metsbats
01-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Great story and photo! Thanks for sharing!!

These are the types of posts which makes viewing this site a pleasure!

yankees506
01-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Great story and photo! Thanks for sharing!!

These are the types of posts which makes viewing this site a pleasure!

+1

Great post, ws items are always a treasure. Thats what we wait all year for, very cool!

indyred
01-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Amazing stuff, great pictures. Post those photomatches when you can,. That is about as good as it gets for game used collectors, hammered World Series jersey and helmet. Did Giants auction the stuff from WS?

vdsporty25
01-14-2011, 03:56 PM
That helmet is awesome! Should have some sweet photo matches out there for that one! Its awesome to share something like that with your son as well! I hope someday my son (18 months old right now) will be into it enough to go to shows like that with me! Congrats on the pickups!

dcrules01
01-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Both items are spectacular. Sounds like a great day and an amazing experience. Congrats the helmet is awesome and the jersey is amazing.

ribsandwhiskey
01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Fantastic story. The jersey and helmet are absolutely amazing.