PDA

View Full Version : It was a pleasure Bob Koppel

Tay1038
01-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Just wanted to voice out that I just made my first transaction with Bob Koppel this week. Great guy. Quick and smooth transaction. Very nice item and I hope to deal again with him.

sox83cubs84
01-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to voice out that I just made my first transaction with Bob Koppel this week. Great guy. Quick and smooth transaction. Very nice item and I hope to deal again with him.

Bob has long been one of my favorites in the game-used hobby. It's unfortunate that he and the mods had issues with one another, as I greatly miss having him as part of the forum. My deals with him have all been positive, as well.

Dave Miedema

shoremen44
01-07-2011, 06:30 PM
+1

WadeInBmore
01-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I just spoke with Bob the other day! I'm a big fan of his and when I first started my player collection, I only hoped mine could be as nice :) I enjoy his participation in this hobby and his friendship. He is one of those guys that I have no problem with talking about an too and value his opinion.

What item did you get for him? Lets see some photos :D

wade

b.heagy
01-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Bob hooked me up with two of my FAVORITE Jayson Werth game used items. He was great to work with on both items but really went above and beyond the call of duty to help me secure my 2009 Home game used jersey with 2008 World Series Champions patch with team letter and MLB authentication. THANKS AGAIN BOB !

Kong's Landing
01-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I've known Bob for over 20 years & in that time we have helped each other w/ Kong collectibles of many kinds..........8 x 10's, oddball, autographs, posters, you name it. He has been outstanding in his communication with me via phone/email/facebook. We talk at least once or twice a week so we know each other as well as anyone can know a person in this hobby. He has put his time, effort, & reputation on the line countless times to help other collectors in locating vintage goods and collectibles of their own hero. All Bob asks is that it would be nice to hear from others on occasion instead of hearing from people ONLY when they want something or when it benefits them. General/Consistant communication is what he craves. Just give him a shout and say HELLO .............................he'd appreciate the thought & the effort.

3arod13
01-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Bob has long been one of my favorites in the game-used hobby. It's unfortunate that he and the mods had issues with one another, as I greatly miss having him as part of the forum. My deals with him have all been positive, as well.

Dave Miedema

It's a new year! Time to forgive and forget!

camarokids
01-12-2011, 06:35 PM

Agree! +1

frikativ54
01-12-2011, 06:57 PM
IMHO, GUU is much better now than it was when some of the now banned characters posted. I would urge the moderators to stick by their bannings, as they are for the best. Thanks mods.

-Frik

3arod13
01-12-2011, 07:51 PM
IMHO, GUU is much better now than it was when some of the now banned characters posted. I would urge the moderators to stick by their bannings, as they are for the best. Thanks mods.

-Frik

Seriously? People make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. I believe if you error, and pay the price, you should be given a second chance. Once you do it again, then I say goodbye.

Hope you don't go overboard and cross the line one time and get banned. You may see things differently then.

camarokids
01-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Agreed , Bob wasn't a trouble maker posting. He had some type of disagreement with management.

camarokids
01-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Tony Please email me.

3arod13
01-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Tony Please email me.

Email sent

camarokids
01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery. Bob had surgery a few days ago.

Get well soon!

Hope they let you back on here soon!

3arod13
01-18-2011, 07:04 PM

Get well soon!

I second that!!!

sox83cubs84
01-18-2011, 10:54 PM

Get well soon!

+1

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
01-18-2011, 10:56 PM
+1

Dave Miedema

I hope he recovers too. Surgery is never any fun. That being said, I don't think we should let any of the banned members back onto GUU. It opens up a huge can of worms, and this forum doesn't need that. I just don't think we need to set that kind of a precedent...

camarokids
01-18-2011, 11:08 PM
I hope he recovers too. Surgery is never any fun. That being said, I don't think we should let any of the banned members back onto GUU. It opens up a huge can of worms, and this forum doesn't need that. I just don't think we need to set that kind of a precedent...

I have to disagree Leslie.

Not everyone that was banned and let back in has caused trouble.....

Bob's banning was due to a minor rules infraction and then a disagreement that ended up snow balling.....

I believe Bob deserves a second chance!

I say forgive and remember.....

Come on Chris let him back in..... please!

metsbats
01-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Folks,

This thread has gone off tangent and will be locked.

Decisions and policies of the GUU are not up for public debate.

Thanks for your understanding.