PDA

View Full Version : Anybody going to the Royals Fanfest?

dcgreg25
01-07-2011, 11:13 AM
I am trying to get a 1997 World Series baseball signed by Kevin Seitzer and he is signing at the fanfest. If someone could get the ball signed for me, I would be happy to compensate them. If you are going, drop me an email. Thanks!

favrenvikes09
01-18-2011, 09:41 AM
I'll be going friday night. I have some equipment to get signed by Hosmer and Moustakas so if he isnt scheduled at the same time I might be able to do it. My email is favrenvikes09@yahoo.com

Anyone else plan on attending? I've never gone before and my buddy and I are making the road trip down to get our prospect game used stuff signed by Hos and Moose, and hopefully Wil Myers...if he decides to show up.

CampWest
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I am trying to get a 1997 World Series baseball signed by Kevin Seitzer and he is signing at the fanfest. If someone could get the ball signed for me, I would be happy to compensate them. If you are going, drop me an email. Thanks!

I'm not going to be able to help you with getting Seitzer at the FanFest. If you are unable to get your Seitzer ball signed at FanFest, let me know and I may be able to help you out in the next month or two. Seitzer lives in KC and I may be able to get ahold of him for you.

FYI, the autograph lines are ridiculously long. And they do not announce who will be at the stage/table in advance, basically they announce it as the players are walking up. Sometimes you get in line for one group of guys and they cut off the line before you get up to the table. Then you wind up sitting there waiting for the next group of guys to come to the table.

I've not seen a line that was short enough to walk up and get an auto without waiting less than 30 minutes. Generally if you are not in line before the players who will be at the table are announced, then you stand a good chance of not getting through the line. They are also very strict on the one item per player policy.

favrenvikes09
01-18-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm not going to be able to help you with getting Seitzer at the FanFest. If you are unable to get your Seitzer ball signed at FanFest, let me know and I may be able to help you out in the next month or two. Seitzer lives in KC and I may be able to get ahold of him for you.

FYI, the autograph lines are ridiculously long. And they do not announce who will be at the stage/table in advance, basically they announce it as the players are walking up. Sometimes you get in line for one group of guys and they cut off the line before you get up to the table. Then you wind up sitting there waiting for the next group of guys to come to the table.

I've not seen a line that was short enough to walk up and get an auto without waiting less than 30 minutes. Generally if you are not in line before the players who will be at the table are announced, then you stand a good chance of not getting through the line. They are also very strict on the one item per player policy.

Ok so how does that work with 3 autograph tables? Do they rotate to each one or what? Also I know they auctioned off the fast passes, have people been selling them at the event if they dont want to use them?

jetersbatboy
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
To anyone that goes and is willing to help a guy out to pick up a couple of Kila Kaaihue items please shot me a email.

Sorry Greg, don't mean to hijack your thread.

CampWest
01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Ok so how does that work with 3 autograph tables? Do they rotate to each one or what? Also I know they auctioned off the fast passes, have people been selling them at the event if they dont want to use them?

This is the first year for the fast pass. So, I'm not sure if anyone will be selling them or not. They might if its a hot table, Brett, etc.

They usually have 3-4 autograph stages with a big snake line. Every hour or so they bring a random group of 3-5 players up to the stage then they take a 30 minute break at that stage then bring out another slate of random guys. There is often several stages going with players at the same time.

I personally have never gotten an autograph at FanFest in any of the previous years, because I personally don't want to wait in line for an hour to get a handful of autographs worth $2-5 each.

CampWest
01-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Do they rotate to each one or what?

No, players typically appear on one stage for 45 minutes to 1.5 hrs, then they're done and they leave. Some players may do a morning and an afternoon, but many just do one appearance.

CampWest
01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
and hopefully Wil Myers...if he decides to show up.

He's off the list - at least current as of today.

Surprise Surprise.

nt_eagle
01-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Hopefully Myers isn't going 'Yadi' on the Royals Fans... :rolleyes:

favrenvikes09
01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Hopefully Myers isn't going 'Yadi' on the Royals Fans... :rolleyes:

From my experience, Myers is already VERY unfriendly and thats when he was in Low A ball.

Campwest- Thanks for all the info, its helped somewhat lol. Basically I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and hope I can catch the staff leading them to their signing table to get my stuff done. Thanks.

CampWest
01-19-2011, 12:54 PM
From my experience, Myers is already VERY unfriendly and thats when he was in Low A ball.

Campwest- Thanks for all the info, its helped somewhat lol. Basically I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and hope I can catch the staff leading them to their signing table to get my stuff done. Thanks.

You are going to need TONS of luck for that to work out for ya... The "ushers" refuse to allow players to sign on the way to and from the autograph stages. That is a firm policy to keep the players from getting mobbed in the aisles. They'd never make it to the stage if they allowed that.

Hate to keep giving you bad news, but I'm trying to give you reasonable expectations so you don't make a long drive to get horribly disappointed.

The autograph arrangements are really bad for anybody seeking "certain player" autos or multiples of one player. It is designed for kids and people that want to meet any random handful of players. Not for serious collectors looking to get multiple premium items signed. Its free and they want to get as many people through the line as possible without any duplicates.

Some of the low-demand minor league players (guys the common fan doesn't know - not on the BaseballAmerica Top 100 list) will get a side table with a small line, but Hosmer and Moose will be at the big table with the big line. Their demand would be too high for them to get the small side table.

favrenvikes09
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info, I think I got you a little confused though...Didnt mean to have them sign on their way to the table, rather wait and follow them and the ushers to whatever line they sign at, then wait in said line.

CampWest
01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the info, I think I got you a little confused though...Didnt mean to have them sign on their way to the table, rather wait and follow them and the ushers to whatever line they sign at, then wait in said line.

Gotcha. With any luck, the snow thats supposed to start here in a couple hours I am hoping will keep the lines down a bit, but forecast is clear on Friday and Saturday so they should have the roads cleared in time.

Let me know if you want to meet up at some point. If you have any Moose or Myers stuff to move, I might be interested.

favrenvikes09
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Sounds good to me, shoot me an email (favrenvikes09@yahoo.com) cause I know I'll be at fanfest all day Friday. U going tomorrow for the season ticket holder event?

May have an extra item or two of Myers or Hosmer available for ya.

rj_lucas
01-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Anybody know what time Moustakas will be signing on Friday or Saturday? Looking to get my Blue Rocks jersey signed. Moose was the 2009 Blue Rocks Player of the Year.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

rdeversole
01-19-2011, 09:13 PM
If anybody could look and see if they had any Mark Teahen jerseys available, I would love to pick one! My email is rdeversole@gmail.com

CampWest
01-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Anybody know what time Moustakas will be signing on Friday or Saturday? Looking to get my Blue Rocks jersey signed. Moose was the 2009 Blue Rocks Player of the Year.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

They don't announce signing times in advance. At least not publicly.

CampWest
01-21-2011, 01:22 AM
Fun night at the Season Ticket Holders Preview Event. Crowds were quite a bit smaller than I was used to - so I actually waited in some small lines for autographs.

Took in 4 unsigned game used bats and got all four signed. Got the following bats signed:

Billy Butler 2009 Mothers Day bat - Billy got a kick out of seeing that one.

Kevin Seitzer 1992 game used bat - Interesting tid bit, Has Royals team name on barrel but #20 on knob, which means Kevin took this bat to Milwaukee - He wore #33 with Royals in injury shortened 1991. Once I pointed that out to Kevin, he got even more interested. I asked him how many Royals bats from 1991 he had taken to Milwaukee in 1992 and he said it "couldn't have been many, maybe just this one."

Willie Wilson - brown 1980-83 LVS got a great silver sharpie auto. Willie immediately asked with his typical joking sarcastic tone, "where'd you get my bat?" I jestered back, "Out of your locker back in 1981 when I was 7 years old." He laughed. He enjoyed checking out his old lumber and taking a break from all the postcards. I pointed out to him that he must have loaned it to Hal McRae, because it has a #11 on the knob and Willie demanded he must have used it himself too, because it had his tape job on the handle and said he and Hal used to swap bats all the time. He gripped it and checked the weight and balance and declared it was ready to be put back into use.

Also got a Brian McRae bat signed.

The highlight though was finally getting my 2003 18&Under Team USA Billy Butler jersey signed - been working on getting that one for a few years and now it can finally go in the display. Billy was very cool and added a "Game Used '03" for me and signed an extra ball for my friend to put in a charity auction. Later, I met Billy's wife and we chatted a bit and she thought the USA jersey was about the coolest thing. She said Billy's dad owns almost all of the Team USA jerseys that Billy ever wore (he played on I think 2001 16U, 2003 18U, & 2006 Olympic Qualifying Team).

Also got some other 1985 players on a baseball.

Checked out the Royals Charities Store and grabbed one cool item, a signed game used Mike Aviles batting helmet - and the price couldn't be beat. For fellow members, I looked for Kila Ka'aihue bats/jerseys, Greinke game used, Ankiel jerseys, etc. And no luck. The bats were mostly Jose Guillen, Yuniesky Betancourt and a bunch of scrubs. They jacked bat prices way up. Last year was 30 unsigned 40 signed. This year was 40 unsigned and 75 signed - like any of these guys signatures is worth 35 dollars. And surprise they were not selling many bats. The checkout was totally jacked too. Just two registers for the Charity Store AND the team apparel store combined - at one point the wait was over 30 minutes for checkout.

CampWest
01-21-2011, 01:26 AM
They don't announce signing times in advance. At least not publicly.

I did learn tonight that they announce players to appear about 5minutes in advance on Twitter. Not sure if that helps much, but at least would help you know what line to get into.

Dach0sen0ne
01-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Do the Royals sell game used baseballs at the stadium or anywhere else?

rj_lucas
01-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Do the Royals sell game used baseballs at the stadium or anywhere else?

Yes, they do sell them at the stadium, although it's hit and miss as far as which games they'll have. It's not like the Cardinals, where you can buy a ball from any home game. The Royals prices are way high too.

Every ball will have an MLB holo. I'm guessing the balls go to MLB to get entered into the database and then get sent back to the teams, because it's usually about 1-2 months after a game before you'll see the balls for sale in the Royals team store.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com