PDA

View Full Version : where can I purchase Steelers game items?

costas
01-03-2011, 11:14 AM
I have a friend who is a big Steelers fan and I want to get him a game used, game issued item for his birthday. are there any store partnered with the Steelers for game items? thanks and Happy New Year!

dcgreg25
01-03-2011, 01:30 PM
The Steelers are among the toughest teams to acquire authentic game used or game issued items from. There is no store or company (to my knowledge) that has a partnership and authentic Steelers items rarely hit the market.

JasonBanz
01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
J.O. Sports had a few game used items over the summer. Other than that, I've rarely seen anything from the Steelers.

ivo610
01-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Holmes has been the only steeler I have really seen with stuff to get out in the past decade or so. I can't even remember NFL auctions getting anything.

jobathenut
01-03-2011, 11:55 PM
As a huge steelers fan i can say that game used steelers items are the toughest to find.And if you find them be prepared to spend.I am glad in putting together my steelers collection i was'nt looking to add game used items as i am not rich.I dont understand why they are really hard to find.The only thing i can think of is that thier equipment manager must have one hell of a steelers room.:) Good luck with your hunt.If you want to get your friend any other kind of steelers item other than game used.Send me a "pm" as i am in the process of selling off my steelers room.

tom1315
01-04-2011, 10:27 PM
I have a friend who is a big Steelers fan and I want to get him a game used, game issued item for his birthday. are there any store partnered with the Steelers for game items? thanks and Happy New Year!

Check with Larry Pelliccioni at The Classic Stuff. He is a member here and a very reputable source. He may have or know of a helmet. I purchased a Florida Gator helmet from him couple of years ago.

Exactly what are you looking for? Maybe an email to the team or letter to the GM may be enough to garner a response.

Good luck!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

jobathenut
01-04-2011, 11:19 PM
Just to let you know as far as the writing letter to the team and gm goes.I have done this the last several seasons and they give you no information.And i have written to all the players and got nothing in return as far as items or even information.
Check with Larry Pelliccioni at The Classic Stuff. He is a member here and a very reputable source. He may have or know of a helmet. I purchased a Florida Gator helmet from him couple of years ago.

Exactly what are you looking for? Maybe an email to the team or letter to the GM may be enough to garner a response.

Good luck!

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 graduate

Utopian2630
01-05-2011, 09:03 AM
The Steelers Sideline store have carried practice jerseys in the past for a reasonable price ($30-40) i believe. However, you never see any big name players. As a long time ticket holder, it's ridiculous that they never release anything to the public. The Steelers have massive storage bins cataloged with uniforms from each year going back throughout the decades at their facility. Even at charity auctions here, the best you will find is like a practice jersey from a bigger name player or a pair of turf shoes.

Not to get on a soap box, but as a long time ticket holder I find it frustrating that they have never released anything to the public and continue to put such a stranglehold on their merchandise. I've long since given up my search to add a Steelers gamer to my collection since I feel like the team's arrogance when it comes to game used items is ridiculous.

mbenga28
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
maybe they are saving all of this for a partnership with Steiner like the Yankees.

like others said, they've only seen jerseys on JOSports, and you might be able to find a couple of footballs now and then on NFL Auctions.

otismalibu
01-05-2011, 03:09 PM
The Steelers Sideline store have carried practice jerseys in the past for a reasonable price ($30-40) i believe.

I looked into those once, but it seemed many of them had flip-flopped the offense/defense colors.

And watch out on eBay, because there's a seller with multiple IDs that simply customizes blank jerseys and sells them as gamers.

mbenga28
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
which SideLine store are you talking about that has these practice jerseys, there's like four of them inside malls right?

otismalibu
01-05-2011, 03:24 PM
Steelers Sideline Store at Heinz Field
412-697-7728

Steelers Store at Monroeville Mall
412-372-8326

Steelers Store at Grove City Outlet
724-748-3301

Steelers Sideline Store at Pittsburgh Mills
724-274-1933

Steelers Sideline Store at South Hills Village
412-835-1933

mbenga28
01-05-2011, 03:25 PM
so the game used are dispersed among five different locations?

otismalibu
01-05-2011, 03:29 PM
so the game used are dispersed among five different locations?

I guess you'd have to check them out to see if they actually had any game used. I kinda doubt it. I bought one practice jersey for under $40 shipped, but it didn't even have the NFL or Reebok tagging. Just Ripon.

I don't know if they're just extras or what?

Utopian2630
01-05-2011, 04:14 PM
I would check with the Steelers Outlet in Grove City. 724-748-3301

This is where the general odds and ends wind up. Last time I visited the store (over the summer), they had a ton of practice jerseys. Some of which were Reebok tagged and had the year tag in the collar. However, from what I remember, a good bit of them had zero use on them and looked brand new. I wondered if they just had a bunch made just to sell off at the Steelers store because the screened on numbers were very shiny not a loose thread or anything was found on the jerseys (but for the price...its a good gift). Also, in the midst of this were left over's from Steelers Fantasy Camp which were basically Fantasy Camp t shirts with numbers and names screened on the back.

Happy Hunting!

jake33
01-05-2011, 05:20 PM
Part of me likes how tough the steelers are about their jerseys. Image if every team was like that. Then jersyes really would be able to fetch $500 for common players. I kind of wish that gamers were closer to difficult like steeler jersey than what we have today, you can almost make a legit want list and run it down.

Buccaneers items have been very tough to get over the last decade, i was litterally crossing ym fingers for the bucs to get a game in london because then they'd be forced to auction them off, which did happen. I am sure the NFL would not take a home game from the steelers, but maybe a road game in london and then you would see a ton of them hit auction.

bondsfan
01-06-2011, 11:09 AM
I have a signed game used Ryan Clark Steelers practice jersey that came from a team charity event available for $200 delivered if anyone is interested.

please email me at covehsolaimani@Msn.com

Allaboutsports
01-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I just recently purchased a hines ward jersey from this season from jo sports. I know they have others so maybe try and get ahold of them. Robert at jo sports sold me mine

genius
01-07-2011, 08:32 PM
The Steelers have massive storage bins cataloged with uniforms from each year going back throughout the decades at their facility.

How do you know this? I thought this was myth.

costas
01-10-2011, 08:07 AM
thanks everyone for the suggestions, I contacted all of the Steelers sideline stores and none of them carry game used. wow, it's really tough to get jerseys by some of your experiences. what about game used footballs?

costas
01-10-2011, 10:10 AM
have any of you contacted the equipment manager for the Steelers, or is that being somewhat overzealous?

costas
01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I've been speaking with a couple of collectors recently who say they have some Steelers game jerseys, both worn and issued.

Since I don't follow Steelers as much, what are the obvious signs I should look for to distinguish a legit Steelers game jersey from some bonus knock off? These people I am talking to have jerseys ranging from 2002 through last season. Thanks for the help!

costas
01-18-2011, 10:24 AM
sorry, I meant to say "bogus" not "bonus"

indyred
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Wow, all sold out on JO Sports for few jerseys they had. I hadn't looked in awhile. Cool that they did in some of those throwbacks. Those have to be about the rarest stle jerseys in NFL for gamers.
http://www.josportsco.com/list_products.asp?NewSearch=True&SubID=7000000&TeamID=6000009&CatID=5000000

costas
01-18-2011, 02:34 PM
what were the prices on those? does anyone know what price range Steelers game issued/pro cut jerseys go for, are they generally more than most game issued of other teams because the jerseys themselves are hard to come by?

Utopian2630
01-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Given how rare Steelers jerseys are and the fact that they are a contender this year, I would expect items to fetch a premium. Regarding the bins of stored uniforms, I mean i am sure that it is a combination of trutth and myth as everything surrounding the team regarding uniforms seems to be. In my opinion, that is part of what is so irritating about Steelers gamers.

mbenga28
01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
there seem to be tons of Steelers game used cards, how tightly are these jerseys being secured if they're being cut up into swatches?

Utopian2630
01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
I've often wondered that too. However, I guess its one of those things where you either have a good source who is acquiring them from somewhere or deep enough pockets to pull the trigger on a HOFer Steelers jersey.

jobathenut
01-18-2011, 07:15 PM
I contacted everyone on the team from the coach,to the players and to the equipment mangers and had no luck.
have any of you contacted the equipment manager for the Steelers, or is that being somewhat overzealous?

indyred
01-18-2011, 11:08 PM
there seem to be tons of Steelers game used cards, how tightly are these jerseys being secured if they're being cut up into swatches?

Has anybody ever seen these Steelers jerseys they cut up. We have no idea if they are any good. Maybe Panini or Topps bought a couple from JO.
I remember NFL.com auctions got some Steelers game used balls from BCA games with pink ribbon it and some cleats from a few guys. Ben cleats sold for several k. Don't think they got any jerseys. Steelers I don't think ever use the C patch, so they wouldn't have had any pink one's to donate. Would be interesting if they would have and if they were made avaliable for NFL auctions.
You would think with most every team looking to make as much $ as possible, that Steelers don't market their jerseys with someone. They have to know it would be a goldmine.