PDA

View Full Version : Jeter Jersey on eBay 220717618774

jtorrez
01-01-2011, 11:32 AM
I was looking through eBay when I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220717618774&category=60597&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Jersey looks beat to hell, but there is no mlb or Steiner authentication. Can anyone chime in with some opinions?? It is the right size but the year tag is faded the inside tag is destroyed, but the Majestic tag on the front looks almost new. I don't know how the tags get that much fading and wear but the Majestic tag stays looking like new. Were all the 2007 jerseys sourced through Steiner? Is it possible this is a real Jeter jersey that was sourced through another method other than Steiner??

sox83cubs84
01-01-2011, 03:43 PM
There must be other collectors who have the same (or different) questions that you had. The jersey went without bids, and the auction ended about an hour an a half ago.

Dave Miedema

sctizzle
01-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I have a road 2009 Jeter with 'heavy' use as the tags are well worn and has dirt residue as well as lots of puckering from washing and fraying of the letters. I will dig it out later and post pix of the tag for comparison to show the use on them so you can compare. If the jersey had that much use, I would think it would have originated from Steiner. Overall, Jeter road jerseys have shown more use than home jerseys as Steiner at one time had told me that Jeter wears more home jerseys than road jerseys--they receive a lot more homes than roads.