PDA

View Full Version : Rick Reed Pirates 2004 Spring Number

DantleyHOF
01-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Hi,

Did Rick Reed wear number 19 for the Pitts. Pirates during 2004 Spring Training making his come back? B.F.

chuck70
01-01-2011, 11:22 AM
According to his 2004 Topps First Edition baseball card he wore #31,whether he used that number for all or any of Spring Training in 2004 not sure but that is the number on his uniform for his picture! Hope this helps

Chuck
chuck112770@yahoo.com
Always looking for Mike Cameron & Casey McGeHee Items

DantleyHOF
01-01-2011, 09:09 PM
According to his 2004 Topps First Edition baseball card he wore #31,whether he used that number for all or any of Spring Training in 2004 not sure but that is the number on his uniform for his picture! Hope this helps

Chuck
chuck112770@yahoo.com
Always looking for Mike Cameron & Casey McGeHee Items
Chuick,
Once again thanks for the screen shot and the baseball card picture of Reed. Kruks cards is selling a 2004 Rick Reed #19 Pirates. Claiming to be Rick Reed. I doubt Rick Reed will be wearing two different uniform number just for Spring Training and he was trying to make the team. The LOA from the Pirates stated it was Rick Reed. LOA never mentioned Spring Training or have his uniform number on them. B.F.

DantleyHOF
01-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Chuick,
Once again thanks for the screen shot and the baseball card picture of Reed. Kruks cards is selling a 2004 Rick Reed #19 Pirates. Claiming to be Rick Reed. I doubt Rick Reed will be wearing two different uniform number just for Spring Training and he was trying to make the team. The LOA from the Pirates stated it was Rick Reed. LOA never mentioned Spring Training or have his uniform number on them. B.F.
Forgot to mention game used jersey.

pietraynor
01-03-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't know if this will help or not, but I saw a Game Worn '04 Black Alternate #19 Reed Pirates jersey w/Team COA on another site..Jay
ldonalds@columbus.rr.com

platinum1
01-03-2011, 01:13 AM
Hi,

Did Rick Reed wear number 19 for the Pitts. Pirates during 2004 Spring Training making his come back? B.F.
Did Rick Reed make the team that year? Maybe he changed his number after spring training and the jersey is a BP jersey.

DantleyHOF
01-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Did Rick Reed make the team that year? Maybe he changed his number after spring training and the jersey is a BP jersey.
After Spring Training the Pirates wanting to send Reed down to the Minors. He refused and retired. He became pitching coach for his former college. Find it strange, two different uniform numbers. Pirates LOA never stated Spring Training or his number. Kruks cards got a bunch of Pirates and Mets gamers.

DantleyHOF
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
I don't know if this will help or not, but I saw a Game Worn '04 Black Alternate #19 Reed Pirates jersey w/Team COA on another site..Jay
ldonalds@columbus.rr.com
Hi Jay,
Was it Kruks cards web site? That could be the same one that is on ebay. B.F.