PDA

View Full Version : NFL Jersey question - knockoffs

bigtruck260
12-31-2010, 05:33 PM
Hey Everyone - Happy New Year!

Been a while since I have posted. Two little kids can do that to a person.

I have a buddy who is going to a dinner in a few weeks with some STL Rams players, and possibly a Cardinal or two. He was told to take a few things with him to get signed (by the host).

Here is the dillemma:

His wife bought some jerseys that look great at first glance (authentic)...but when he told me they only cost $20 I immediately became skeptical to the point I probably offended him. There is no way that an authentic NFL jersey sells for $20 unless it's a knockoff.

I am hoping one of you can check out this site and let me know what you think about the legitimacy. For all I know, these could be stock photos of real jerseys - I am that clueless. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.beanshopping.com/productlist.asp?classid=1:3:7:67

Dave

halzeus
12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
It appears to me that site is selling bootleg jerseys from China.

No way they are selling any licensed items.

bigtruck260
12-31-2010, 07:04 PM
I agree with you...thanks for your opinion.

D

otismalibu
12-31-2010, 07:32 PM
I just checked the Steelers jerseys. Bad fakes.

neverfinished94
01-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I have been an authorized retailer for authentic jerseys (Reebok, Mitchell & Ness, etc) for over 10 years and those are some of the worst fakes I have ever seen.

jppopma
01-01-2011, 10:57 PM
Hey Dave,

I'm in the same boat as you with two kids and rarely on here (thank goodness for vacation to catch up).

These China fakes vary greatly in quality and resembling the real thing. Some are likely made at the same factories there as the rest of the replica jerseys. On the other hand, some will wear oddly, colors bleed, and screen printing rub off after just a couple washings.

On the good note for your friend, at least his wife paid only $20 for these compared to $100 for the same knockoff on ebay. Also, if he is using them for autograph purposes and not planning to wash them, they should look pretty good for that purpose (alot of tackier shirts I have seen people get signed...)

Hope you are enjoying the kiddos as much as I am and the best to your family for the New Year!

John

bigtruck260
01-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Hey Dave,

I'm in the same boat as you with two kids and rarely on here (thank goodness for vacation to catch up).

These China fakes vary greatly in quality and resembling the real thing. Some are likely made at the same factories there as the rest of the replica jerseys. On the other hand, some will wear oddly, colors bleed, and screen printing rub off after just a couple washings.

On the good note for your friend, at least his wife paid only $20 for these compared to $100 for the same knockoff on ebay. Also, if he is using them for autograph purposes and not planning to wash them, they should look pretty good for that purpose (alot of tackier shirts I have seen people get signed...)

Hope you are enjoying the kiddos as much as I am and the best to your family for the New Year!

John

Thanks brother - and to all of you. When it's too good to be true (we know the deal by now, eh?)

I guess all that really matters is that his wife only paid $20 and he's happy. It bothers me more when I see the knockoffs at a huge markup. $20 doesn't seem so bad.

Thanks for all of the help!
D