PDA

View Full Version : eBay #160524715620: a couple of problems

sox83cubs84
12-30-2010, 10:53 PM
Reebok size 56? Size is several sizes too large, and by the time D-Rose joined the NBA, Adidas supplied the NBA, not Reebok. Thumbs down!

Dave Miedema

http://i.ebayimg.com/14/!CBPIDWQ!Wk~$(KGrHqZ,!mIEz+82yb1yBNG0nnj0Ew~~0_12. JPG

sox83cubs84
01-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Sad to say, but this bogus jersey has been listed again, and some poor sap has opened the bidding at $200.:mad:

Dave Miedema

platinum1
01-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Dave I cant believe some one actually believes D.Rose wears a size 56

otismalibu
01-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Dave I cant believe some one actually believes D.Rose wears a size 56

Hasn't Kobe worn a size 58? Any oversize goes, these days in the NBA.

platinum1
01-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Well I guess anything is possible, But it does seem huge for Rose.

sox83cubs84
01-03-2011, 07:43 PM

That still doesn't explain why the jersey is from a company that was no longer contracted to the NBA when Rose made the pros. Plus, the few Roses I've seen were 48s with extra length.

Dave Miedema

otismalibu
01-03-2011, 08:38 PM
That still doesn't explain why the jersey is from a company that was no longer contracted to the NBA when Rose made the pros.

Were they still using that same Bulls style?

Didn't Adidas buy Reebok?

If the size is wrong that's fine, but aren't you the guy always posting examples of older jerseys being used in subsequent year?

sox83cubs84
01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Otis:

You don't seem to want to be convinced, so let's try another tack. The home jersey photo is from 2008, and the NOB spacing looks wrong when the alternate jersey's NOB is compared to it:

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84126815.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548FEAD21B2F76AC2F9 839328B841DC195019BBA3764D3A31DF

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!CBPIHP!!Wk~$(KGrHqYOKk!EzMV2VJqcBNG0n3Dr7!~~0_1.J PG

I also find it odd that the seller doesn't mention the year of the jersey nor shows any close-ups of the tagging.

This post may have had a benefit, as it looks like the $200 opening bid has been rescinded.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Clarify: The alternate jersey's NOB font size and spacing does not match up to the jersey D-Rose is wearing in the 2008 Getty photo. Colors may change between different styles, but size and spacing shouldn't.

Dave Miedema

otismalibu
01-03-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm not saying the jersey is legit.

My first comment was in response to platinum1's comment. Simply pointing out that many NBA players seems to wear grossly over-sized jerseys these days. For someone not familiar with Rose's preferred size, would an over-sized jersey be a red flag in today's NBA?

Secondly, are NBA jerseys never carried over? I have no idea on Bulls jerseys, but if the style, lettering, etc. was still the same could they not recycle a Reebok?

Just asking.

I've seen a photo of Julius Erving wearing a Wilson jersey, while all the other Sixers are sporting the current Sand-Knits. Also have seen NFL gamers that had Reebok patches sewn over the Nike swoosh so they could keep using them.

sox83cubs84
01-03-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm not saying the jersey is legit.

My first comment was in response to platinum1's comment. Simply pointing out that many NBA players seems to wear grossly over-sized jerseys these days. For someone not familiar with Rose's preferred size, would an over-sized jersey be a red flag in today's NBA?

Secondly, are NBA jerseys never carried over? I have no idea on Bulls jerseys, but if the style, lettering, etc. was still the same could they not recycle a Reebok?

Just asking.

I've seen a photo of Julius Erving wearing a Wilson jersey, while all the other Sixers are sporting the current Sand-Knits. Also have seen NFL gamers that had Reebok patches sewn over the Nike swoosh so they could keep using them.

Sure, NBA jerseys can and do carry over on occasion...Dan C. has a 2009-10 Lakers jersey on eBay right now, which has a 2007-08 year tag.

With the Rose, the fact that the tagging, even from a normal full-jersey photo, could be discerned as Reebok and the fact that the seller declined to show the tagging up close led me to believe he was trying to hide/omit something, and that, plus the size and the NOB font issues led me to believe this jersey as non-game worn/team issued.

I hope you see where I'm coming from...

Dave Miedema

otismalibu
01-03-2011, 11:35 PM
With the Rose, the fact that the tagging, even from a normal full-jersey photo, could be discerned as Reebok and the fact that the seller declined to show the tagging up close led me to believe he was trying to hide/omit something, and that, plus the size and the NOB font issues led me to believe this jersey as non-game worn/team issued.

Yeah, there's nothing about that auction presentation itself (photos/description) that would make me want to throw down a bid.

As far as the size and tagging, I had no idea if they could be correct or not.