PDA

View Full Version : So Many Bats & Jerseys

sayhey24
12-30-2010, 06:33 PM
I would say the MEARS auction tonight has the widest array of vintage bats I've seen in an auction in a long time. What's everyone going for? The Don Drysdale quickly got out of my range. The Elmer Miller Yankees bat is also going for amazing money. The Dick Allen bat with home run notation is probably the best Allen bat out there, but doesn't fit into my HOF collecting category.
There doesn't appear to be many modern bats.
What about everyone else?

Greg

BoneRubbedBat
12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
You're right...lots of nice bats. I am still high bidder one one bat, but have been outbid on about 10 others. I've been watching the price on the Johnny Bench 71-79 Adirondack bat ($2700+ at post time). I have one just like it, but mine is even nicer, with more use and is autographed.

sayhey24
12-31-2010, 12:58 AM
It's always nice seeing a bat you already have going for big money!

There are still a lot of bats at reasonable prices -- I too have one high bid still holding up -- but plan on going after a few others.

Greg

earlywynnfan
12-31-2010, 02:04 AM
Currently winning the beat-up Torre, the off-brand Foxx, and a post-career Gehringer. Keep away!

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

sayhey24
12-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Ken,

Those are all cool bats and still bargains!

I can't believe that it's 8:15 on the east coast and people are still bidding.

Greg

BoneRubbedBat
12-31-2010, 08:50 AM
I woke up this morning and checked to see what I won and.........I can't believe it's still going. At least I got to place some more bids. Maybe it will still be going when I return from vacation on Monday and can place some more bids. LOL