PDA

View Full Version : Morneau jersey from Vintage Auctions

etradup
12-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Hello.

Like many others here, my area of knowledge is hockey; though I have started to dabble in other sports. Recently, I picked up this Morneau jersey on the auction, but am not able to find any photos from 2007 of him wearing the jersey. Does anyone have suggestions about where to get good photos? I looked through both Google Images and Getty and did not find anything that is confirmed for the 2007 season. Is it possible I did not get anything more than a team issue? Here is the auction link: https://www.vintagesportsauthentics.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=11477

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

Lokee
12-24-2010, 09:17 PM
What is the MLB hologram number on the back ?

Thanks

Lokee
12-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Also according to William Henderson's Fifth Edition Guide the Twins wore the 2007 alt vests only once during all of 2007. I am not sure of the exact date worn but if you can pinpoint that you will know if Justin played in that game.

etradup
12-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Oh thanks! The hologram number is BB626490. According to MLB Authentication it states "Team Issue". This concerned me until I researched a little on this forum and learned that this is standard practice for the large majority of Twins jerseys sold through their team shop.

If it was only worn in a single game, that may explain why there are not an abundance of photos available. Now to try to figure out where I could get information about which game it was worn in.

Dach0sen0ne
12-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Looks like they wore these August 31st, 2007. They had a double header that day and it looks like it was worn in the first game. I looked on MLB.tv and they wore their pinstripe home jerseys in the second game and of course the first game was unavailable. This is a Getty image from that day showing this style uniform. Hope this helps.

Lokee
12-25-2010, 01:56 PM
If the date was indeed August 31st 2007 Justin played in both games.

1st game he went 1-4 with a run scored

2nd game he went 0-3 with a RBI

Dach0sen0ne
12-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Looks like he went 1-4 wearing the jersey since they didn't wear the vests in the second game. It might be next to impossible to find a photomatch, I've officially given up. It seriously annoyed me that the first game wasn't available to view. Best of luck with an awesome jersey. :D

etradup
12-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Wow! I just want to say THANK YOU to you all for helping me with this. It was my first post here and I am so grateful for the time and energy spent researching this jersey. I was at a loss trying to figure out when it might have been worn, but this is such an amazing help.

Thank you!

shaggy33
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM
etradup (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/member.php?u=2567) - I'm interested in purchasing or trading for the Morneau game used vest. Let me know if you are willing to part with it.

Thanks!

etradup
02-17-2011, 11:49 PM
Shaggy33. Please private message me if you are interested in this jersey. Couldn't find a way to contact you. Thanks!

etradup
02-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Ok. I don't have private messaging either. Go ahead and email me at tradup@gmail.com Thanks!