PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Rangers Fanfest?

rangersfan1214
12-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Anyone planning on going to the Rangers fanfest? I saw that the gates open at 9:00. Has anyone ever gone in the past have any tips on going in advance? Will you have to get there early to get in line for the likes of Hamilton and Guerrero? Thanks!

RRexpressfan94
12-21-2010, 10:27 PM
I would like to know as well, I would like to make it up. What has the game used stuff looked like in the past? Would love to add some more Hammy stuff to my collection.

shaunharr
12-21-2010, 11:28 PM
I am attending

cjclong
12-22-2010, 09:28 AM
In the past the fan fest was on Saturday at the ballpark. Fans started lining up to get in at 5am or earlier. As soon as the gate opened fans raced to get tickets for autographs of players like Hamilton, etc. They usually gave out around 200 for each player signing so if you weren't one of the first ones in you were out of luck for the big names. They sold game used items on an upper level. Bats, jerseys, etc. In the past they have announced the players that were signing on Friday, the day of the banquet before the fan fest. This year the fan fest is going to be for two days, Sat and Sun and it is at the convention center across from the ballpark, probably because for several years it was freezing cold at the ballpark. Because of the change to two days the above may not be the way it is done this year so anyone interested should check and see what the schedule is.

frikativ54
12-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I would like to know as well, I would like to make it up. What has the game used stuff looked like in the past? Would love to add some more Hammy stuff to my collection.

Sounds like an exciting event. I'm wondering if they will have any Hamilton game-used, and exactly what the prices will be. What items are you specifically after?

Have fun everyone! :)

RRexpressfan94
12-22-2010, 11:41 AM
I gave them a call and they said they are selling game used items, but when I asked for specifics they didnt know. I also asked for a Game used contact, and they said they dont have anything. I would still love to find their GU guy's number...

Fnazxc0114
12-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Im not going this year. Ive been the last 3 or so years. Its generally a beating. I bet it will be even worse of a beating with it being in the convention center

RRexpressfan94
12-22-2010, 03:18 PM
I found their game used contact, and he said that they will have bats and jerseys. Said bats will be $399 (did not say whos bats, just said "bats") and did not give a price on jerseys. He also said playoff items that do not sell on MLB auctions will be sold there as well. I replied say "It dosent appear that there is an actual 'Sale', Correct?" He said he will have more details on sale items at the new year, so i will follow up then.

Hope this helps.

Dach0sen0ne
12-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Looks like they added some stuff to the auctions.

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/feature.d2w/report?wl=33072944&sort=team&teamname=Rangers

shaunharr
12-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Also with them goign to the WS, the crowd will be much larger than the past.