PDA

View Full Version : when a player passes away

mbenga28
12-21-2010, 09:00 AM
how do you react/interact with your game used of a player after you find out he/she passed away. do you go over and take a look at it, lay it out for a brief memorial or just leave it stored away?

otismalibu
12-21-2010, 09:36 AM
The greatest tribute of all is listing the item on eBay.

Superstar or scrub...they will all have one last high demand day for their memorabilia. The seller simply must outlive the player. :)

Jags Fan Dan
12-21-2010, 10:37 AM

Superstar or scrub...they will all have one last high demand day for their memorabilia. The seller simply must outlive the player. :)
Hilarious!:D

both-teams-played-hard
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM

GOLD! +1 LOL OMG WTF WWJD? ACLU :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dewey2007
12-21-2010, 11:47 AM

+1 Otis my man!!

Bravesfan
12-21-2010, 02:54 PM

LOL :D

Bravesfan
12-21-2010, 02:56 PM
how do you react/interact with your game used of a player after you find out he/she passed away. do you go over and take a look at it, lay it out for a brief memorial or just leave it stored away?
Um..........well.........um...........whew.
Maybe it is time for a new direction in your life. ;)

Bravesfan
12-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Just kidding! :D
It does make you think about when the player held that bat in his hands.

Lokee
12-21-2010, 06:16 PM

Very true.

Right after Owen Hart of the WWF/WWE died I sold a signed wrestling figure of his for 350.00.

commando
12-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Very true.

Right after Owen Hart of the WWF/WWE died I sold a signed wrestling figure of his for 350.00.

In a way, you were rewarded for being a true fan of Owen Hart because you already owned the item (unless you just happened to have the figure lying around for no apparent reason). I'm sure Owen would have appreciated the fact that a few of his true fans were able to make a few bucks because they were true fans.

Does that make any sense? :eek:

Lokee
12-21-2010, 10:02 PM
In a way, you were rewarded for being a true fan of Owen Hart because you already owned the item (unless you just happened to have the figure lying around for no apparent reason). I'm sure Owen would have appreciated the fact that a few of his true fans were able to make a few bucks because they were true fans.

Does that make any sense? :eek:

LOL not really.

I wasn't really a fan of Owen Hart more of his brother Bret Hart. Either way I cashed in and knew that at that time it was my chance to sell it for way more than what it was worth to me.

commando
12-21-2010, 10:15 PM
LOL not really.

I wasn't really a fan of Owen Hart more of his brother Bret Hart. Either way I cashed in and knew that at that time it was my chance to sell it for way more than what it was worth to me.

Ok then. Never mind.

frikativ54
12-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Man, you guys have got the dark humor going. To seriously answer the OP, I treasure a game-used item more if it is from or commemorates a player who passed away. To go off the point someone else made about selling when a player dies, once a guy has made his exit (euphemistically, of course), no more game-used items will be made for him. You won't be able to get any more items signed. It's the end. Thus, dead players' items go for a premium.

both-teams-played-hard
12-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Man, you guys have got the dark humor going. To seriously answer the OP, I treasure a game-used item more if it is from or commemorates a player who passed away. To go off the point someone else made about selling when a player dies, once a guy has made his exit (euphemistically, of course), no more game-used items will be made for him. You won't be able to get any more items signed. It's the end. Thus, dead players' items go for a premium.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7969/smallestviolin1.gif

frikativ54
12-22-2010, 01:26 PM
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7969/smallestviolin1.gif

I don't recognize this clip...sorry.

both-teams-played-hard
12-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't recognize this clip...sorry.
Reservoir Dogs "world's smallest violin playing (fill in the blank)"
Just jokes, Frik. Have a safe and happy December!:)