PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jays Question - Multiple Jerseys of the same set?

vballGuy
12-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Blue Jays produced multiple jerseys of the same style with the same set number? For instance, could there be more than one jersey for a given year, style, and set?

I bid on an item on eBay a few days ago, and ended up losing the auction. The seller then contacts me and offers me a second chance offer on a duplicate jersey of the one he had listed. Same set number, year and style for the given player. I looked at previous spreadsheets of Blue Jays inventories from prior years and could not find an instance where the style, year, player number and set number were duplicated.

Any I being too paranoid? Everything else appears to check out, but I am skeptical that the team produced multiple jerseys of the same set, and that the player wore more than one.....

Any insight would be appreciated.

commando
12-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Tell him you're interested in two or three of the same player, and see what he says... ;)

I wonder if he has an inventory of legitimate blanks, and can add the names and numbers he wants?

carct
12-17-2010, 02:04 AM
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Blue Jays produced multiple jerseys of the same style with the same set number? For instance, could there be more than one jersey for a given year, style, and set?

I bid on an item on eBay a few days ago, and ended up losing the auction. The seller then contacts me and offers me a second chance offer on a duplicate jersey of the one he had listed. Same set number, year and style for the given player. I looked at previous spreadsheets of Blue Jays inventories from prior years and could not find an instance where the style, year, player number and set number were duplicated.

Any I being too paranoid? Everything else appears to check out, but I am skeptical that the team produced multiple jerseys of the same set, and that the player wore more than one.....

PM sent

Sincityson
12-17-2010, 02:27 AM
I've never seen an instance of this, although if I remember correctly at the national a few years one dealer was selling boxes of 2 or 3 different jays players, I think they were legit but extras, or something like that.. If it's one of those players, then that's what it is. Not sure who the players were but it was discussed on this forum a few years ago, should be able to find it with a search.

Hey Guys,

Sincityson
12-17-2010, 02:29 AM
From the post with the title: Is that Jays jersey really "game-worn"?:

To further complicate matters, there was a load of 0062 tagged 2001 Jays jerseys sold at the National two years ago (Cleveland). I've seen several of these sold as "game used" to unsuspecting souls for major $$$. Like an idiot, I sold mine as "authentics" and didn't make nearly as much. Curse me and my damned ethics!
BTW, I kept a "Raoul Mondesi" jersey from that bunch...had custom sleeves, and everything...

platinum1
12-17-2010, 02:34 AM
I saw this one time at the Cubs Convention.
Can't remember who the player was but they did have 2 or 3 jerseys of the same style and same set #

cjw
12-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I purchased a bunch of Jays gamers from the SkyDome team store over the years and while I had the chance to flip through numerous jerseys from the same player, all had different set numbers.

I never saw a duplicate pair with the same set on the racks or in the team warehouse area.

vballGuy
01-30-2011, 01:45 PM
FYI - Followed up with the Blue Jays on this. Apparently, it is possible, although extremely rare, to have multiple jerseys with the same set #, player # and year.

jppopma
01-30-2011, 09:50 PM
It may have been the same jersey that he offered you. If he was doing some shill bidding, he may turn right to you to offer it up to you at your highest bid. I've had plenty of jerseys offered up with similar "excuses or stories". If that's the case, offer what your next bid would have been without any from the "winner".

It is possible to have jerseys of the same set # and year. Sometimes players will wear a different size jersey, or be trying out different customizations. It's rare, but I have seen it before. Darn them for making out dealings so difficult.