PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Res Image Advice Needed

eisenreich8
12-16-2010, 09:54 PM
A few of you helpful members have posted excellent-quality closeups of players in action making it easy and accurate to photo-match. Today I received my two Alex Gonzalez GW jerseys from the Braves and without pinstripes to more convincingly pinpoint a jersey to a specific game/shot, it is tough when the images are not closeup enough. Yankees and Phillies and Marlins and Rockies, etc. seem very easy in comparison.

I registered with Getty Images and then went to get improved resolution/quantity but I am stumped. I know there must be significant numbers of better shots than can be found doing a simple search.

Does anyone either have the inside scoop on how to better utilize the Getty Images offerings, or is there another comprehensive site where multiple great shots can be obtained?

Thank you very much in advance.

gameused
12-16-2010, 11:59 PM
Have you reached out to fellow GUU member Kyle Hess? He takes a lot of high res photos of Braves players. He might have that photo your looking for.

Thanks, Bobby

AutographAddiction
12-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Definitely, definitely, talk to Kyle.

kylehess10
12-17-2010, 12:02 AM
He's right. I do have high-res images from the 2010 season. There were a few games where I would purposely take as many shots as I could of just close-ups of the players to catch loose stitching and stuff like that for when the jersey list comes out. I do believe I have quite a few shots of Gonzalez in his home white uniform. I have to check when it comes to his home alternate but I'm sure I might have some. Just let me know what style of jersey you have and I'll forward you all I got.

kylehess10
12-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Also, there's a method of photomatching Braves jersey that I use even when you can't find loose stitching to match. I can help you with that as well to pinpoint when he used it and for how long.

Dach0sen0ne
12-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Kyle, do you have any Austin Jackson pics from any of the 3 games the Tigers played the Braves in June? Thanks!

kylehess10
12-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Kyle, do you have any Austin Jackson pics from any of the 3 games the Tigers played the Braves in June? Thanks!

I was at the Sunday game in that series I remember. I couldn't get a dugout seat that game, but I did get a few hundred pics from the first row of the field level. I'll check my discs and see if I have any pics of him.