PDA

View Full Version : WHO's on First?

godwulf
12-16-2010, 10:00 AM
I don't know who the hell is on my team anymore.

Virtually all of my favorite players have been traded or released, and I don't even know any of the guys on the current roster.

David Hernandez, Melvin Mora, Brian Sweeney, Zach Duke, J.J. Putz.

J.J. Who?!

Now it looks like Xavier Nady (I was happy with Gerardo Parra) and Henry Blanco are coming aboard.

I'm lost.

kudu
12-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the world of Kevin Towers. Dont forget Blummer can play first too. My guess is with all the former Padres being signed, the next will be Mark Kotsay. Should be called the Arizona Padres.

shoremen44
12-16-2010, 03:49 PM
try being an Orioles fan... I think they are going to bring back Glenn Davis to play first... he's only like 50... I am sure the O's think he has something left

LastingsMilledge85
12-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Other than trading Reynolds and trading for Duke, the off season so far doesn't look too bad for Arizona. Why they traded Reynolds for nothing is beyond me, and Duke is a walking disaster.

gingi79
12-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Gotta love modern day MLB. Well, I guess sports in general.

Could you imagine Mickey Mantle or Joe Dimaggio's contract negotiations coming out in the papers or having one of them possibly leave?

I'm personally getting tired of rooting for specific players rather than my "teams". I completely understand people who have jerseys customized with their own name as I'd never stop rooting for the Braves, Dolphins or Canucks. Other than my heroes who have retired, it's getting vomit inducing seeing the guys I admire leave my team. (Bure, Matty Diaz, Francoeur, Linden, Gruber, Rios, the list goes on)