PDA

View Full Version : Ken Griffey Sr Braves Jersey, 2 Orioles Jerseys

akleinb611
12-15-2010, 08:57 PM
I find myself having to raise some cash (so UNUSUAL :rolleyes: this holiday season!), and so I'm putting a few of my jerseys up for sale. I'm offering a very nice Ken Griffey Sr Atlanta Braves shirt, as well as two common Baltimore Orioles shirts.

The Griffey shirt is from 1988, and it's a road gray by Wilson. The number on the back is original; Griffey's name on the back as well as the Atlanta logo on the front have been expertly restored by Lon Lewis, who will vouch for the piece having been recycled to the minors by the Braves. It's a size42, and there's an embroidered "88" tag sewn under the manufacturer's tag. The shirt looks great, and if you can't afford a game worn jersey worn by Griffey Junior, a jersey worn by his dad may be the next best thing!;) My price is only $300 postpaid.

The Orioles shirts are both Rawlings road grays from 1990, belonging to #36 Tim Hulett and #38 Jeff McKnight. They belong to the style era featuring bold black lettering edged in orange, a style you don't see much of these days. Lon Lewis restored the names on back. My price is $100 each, postpaid.

You can email me at akleinb@optonline.net. I haven't posted much at GUU yet, but Lon Lewis will vouch for the pieces, and as for my character, I've known Dave Miedema for a couple of decades,:D so he should be willing to admit that I'm not the embodiment of evil (even if I am a lawyer).:eek:

Alan Kleinberger

sox83cubs84
12-15-2010, 10:47 PM
You can email me at akleinb@optonline.net. I haven't posted much at GUU yet, but Lon Lewis will vouch for the pieces, and as for my character, I've known Dave Miedema for a couple of decades,:D so he should be willing to admit that I'm not the embodiment of evil (even if I am a lawyer).:eek:

Alan Kleinberger[/quote]

Very true. Alan has corresponded with me off and on since the 1980s, when he wrote for the defunct Baseball Hobby News. He's also a research addict, and a question from him was the start of my researching the McAuliffe 1972 "Yankees" home flannels which turned out to be attire worn in the movie Bang the Drum Slowly (fictional New York Mammoths). He gets a +1 from me.

Dave Miedema

akleinb611
12-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Bump!

akleinb611
12-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Okay, things are a bit slow around here (to say nothing of the site going down again!), so maybe this will speed things up:

10% off the original posted prices. So:

Ken Griffey Sr. Atlanta jersey - $270 ppd.
Jeff McKnight Orioles jersey - $90 ppd.
Tim Hulett Orioles jersey - $90 ppd.

Email me at akleinb@optonline.net to reserve. I take PayPal, checks, money orders, and 1987 Topps BB commons:eek: (exchange rate is 100,000 = $1);) just kidding about that last one...

Alan Kleinberger

akleinb611
12-26-2010, 03:52 PM
And one last bump. Still available at the reduced prices listed.:confused: