PDA

View Full Version : Photomatch: Youkilis 2008 ALCS jersey

emann
12-15-2010, 04:00 PM
So, I'm pretty excited about this one. The jersey is a Cool Base without strip tagging (but with the correct 0063 wash tag) and came direct from the team.

It shows a TON of use, more than any other jersey I've owned, and also has a pretty distinct bit of stitching on the "O" in Boston. It was actually a stray stitch into the gray part of the jersey that was attached at one point, not just a loose thread.

Anyway, looking back at some magazines, I saw something that looked like it used in the '08 ALCS, so I figured I'd start there. 4th inning, game 6: The camera does a close-up on Youk for about 3 seconds and pans right past the front of his jersey (which you can tell is a Cool Base in other shots from the game).

I made notes of the pulled thread on the "O" and a slight stitching flaw on the "B". These screencaps were about the best I could get...

The jersey also has a couple of distinct pulls in the fabric under the "T". I saw a few photos on Getty from September that looked like a match for that also, but need to do more research (if anyone wants to help, I'd be REALLY appreciative!)

emann
12-15-2010, 04:03 PM
ALCS Game 6

emann
12-15-2010, 04:16 PM
This is one of the Getty images I think is also a match based on the "O" and the pulls in the material under the "T".

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/82849643/Getty-Images-Sport

emann
12-20-2010, 12:50 PM
No Youk fans in here?

gameused
12-20-2010, 01:37 PM
emann,

That's a sweet looking Youk jersey! Here's a match to the fabric snags under the letter "T"

Red Sox vs. Orioles 8-18-08

Happy Holidays,
Bobby
hawaii_five0@yahoo.com

emann
12-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow! Thanks so much for posting this Bobby, I hadn't found that photo...

Looks like a perfect match to those fabric pulls... I've matched it to 2 of the ALCS games off video, but it is really heavily used, so I was hoping it stretched back to earlier in the season and you just proved it did.

Have a good holiday.

Best,
-John

Vintagedeputy
12-21-2010, 06:44 PM
No Youk fans in here?

A Youk? What is a Youk?

http://www.jonathanlynn.com/images/gallery/vinny5.jpg

vdsporty25
12-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Sweet Jersey!!!! Great photo matches as well!!! YooooouuuuukkK!!!