PDA

View Full Version : Fenway Park Green Monster seats

happyyoungster
12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Any member here have any advice on how to obtain two (2) Green Monster seats for a Friday or Saturday game in June??
I know ticket brokers are always an option, but, I prefer not to give up my first-born in exchange.

Anyone ever sit there before?

eisenreich8
12-14-2010, 12:50 PM
I've sat there before, and I can just give you my personal opinion. Even from the front row right at the wall, in section 6, it was great but only for the first couple of innings. There's probably not a vantage point there that I have not sat in, and it just was not my #1 experience. It's just a view. I didn't feel engaged enough in the game. Ball hawks will disagree! And I thought the roof boxes were a better deal for the money.

The perspective from the far right corner is IMO just more panoramic and unconstrained. The bar top is made from the old candlepin bowling lanes at the corner. The roof boxes (at least on the day they go on sale) are much closer to the action and more affordable and therefore I've preferred dozens of games there over other seats.

However, others' opinions vary and the Monster seats are something you may just wish to try at least once in your life. Sign up for Red Sox Nation (for $14 bucks) and you can enter drawings to have a chance to buy the seats, OR show up on game day and there are usually seats available 1/2 hour before game time (Gate B? It's the Gate on Yawkey Way closest to El Tiante's Cuban Sandwiches) or do the eBay/craigslist thing at your peril. Ticket brokers will maul you.

It's virtually impossible to buy anything greater than 2 seats together no matter where you look when buying from the team, except season tickets or the bleachers. If I think of anything else helpful I'll add it here. Good luck!

p.s. Buy standing-room tickets $20, (used to be) and go in Gate C and guide right, instead of going down the ramp, go through the wide doorway and wind your way up and up and up and around to the roof boxes and just don't grab any empty seats you see, rather stay somewhat unobtrusive, but never have I been stopped or checked going up to the roof. So it's a $90+ experience for way less.

Mulligans
12-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Having sat in the GM seats many times, I find that the price you will be forced to pay takes away from the experience. Don't get me wrong, they are really fun seats, but the secondary pricing market on them is in sane!

If ever interested, I have 2 incredible seats with a better view going down the RF side. Unlike the GM seats, you will not miss 1 inch of the field. They aren't cheap either, but for a face value of $175 each, IMO one of the best seats in the house. They are also "Bar Top" seats with Cocktail service and full access to the restaurant.

Just email me if I can help you out in any way.

Jeff

happyyoungster
12-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Thanks to both of you guys for the info.
Anyone else?