PDA

View Full Version : Cliff Lee is going to sign with Philly

stretch
12-14-2010, 12:19 AM
Nothing is being reported yet, but expect Cliff Lee to sign with Philly.

That's all my sayin'

Cheers!

Fnazxc0114
12-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Wow, good for cliff lee. We will miss him in Ranger town, but Im glad the rangers didnt tie up that much money for a guy as old as lee. He passed up going to the oldest team in baseball for the second oldest one. Phillies will probably win it next year, and i bet the yankees dont make the playoffs.

yankees506
12-14-2010, 12:30 AM
hate to take a line from the chi sox but, we look up, you can take him off the boaaaaard, yes! thank god........... we are rid if this over paid old dude. amazing what a few good post-season starts can earn you

jetersbatboy
12-14-2010, 12:58 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?w=1a5wz&storyId=5917145&i=TOP&topslot=1

legaleagle92481
12-14-2010, 02:08 AM
wow this is the first time i think someone ever passed up forty plus million. great move the phils have been a pitcher short for the last two years not anymore. they made up last year's big mistake of dealing him. this contract looks great because all he has to do is be the number 2 guy the pippen to roys jordan and no other number 2 starter in baseball is in cliffs league. the yanks must be going off the wall right now they cant even give their money away they may not even make the playoffs as the wild card could easily come from the central and boston looks far ahead of them. i predict they dont get grienke either because the royals know they have overrated prospects.

metsbats
12-14-2010, 06:50 AM
wow this is the first time i think someone ever passed up forty plus million. great move the phils have been a pitcher short for the last two years not anymore. they made up last year's big mistake of dealing him. this contract looks great because all he has to do is be the number 2 guy the pippen to roys jordan and no other number 2 starter in baseball is in cliffs league. the yanks must be going off the wall right now they cant even give their money away they may not even make the playoffs as the wild card could easily come from the central and boston looks far ahead of them. i predict they dont get grienke either because the royals know they have overrated prospects.

Yankees must turn their attention on the next big free agent pitcher available Carl Pavano :eek:

shoremen44
12-14-2010, 10:01 AM
I am literally stunned by this...

Halladay
Lee
Oswalt
Hamels
and... Who cares

I know the games still have to be played, but that has to be one of the best on paper rotations ever

geoff
12-14-2010, 10:38 AM
I saw The report Late Last Night And was so Surprised.That Staff Is going To The Best Staff Period.Who Knows Cliff Lee could Win 20 Games There.

sox83cubs84
12-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Yankees must turn their attention on the next big free agent pitcher available Carl Pavano :eek:

Pavano is a quality moundsman again, but do you think the Yankees would try to rely on him again after he gave them virtually nothing in return on a huge contract several years ago?

Dave Miedema

legaleagle92481
12-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Pavano is a quality moundsman again, but do you think the Yankees would try to rely on him again after he gave them virtually nothing in return on a huge contract several years ago?

Dave Miedema

I think he was kidding. They went down that road with Vasquez last year noway they do it two years in a row after that.