PDA

View Full Version : Pawn Stars tonight: Braves world series rings

Number9
12-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Rings aren't my thing, but I thought some of you may be interested in knowing that TV listings say that tonight on Pawn Stars (Monday night at 10 on east coast) the show includes "a collection of Atlanta Braves World Series rings."

murfsteve25
12-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I wont be able to see it, but if they have a Justice ring PLEASE let me know.

jbsportstuff
12-13-2010, 09:28 PM
What blows me away is that these guys(Pawn Stars) always bring in Drew Max for authenticating signatures. :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

murfsteve25
12-13-2010, 09:32 PM
What blows me away is that these guys(Pawn Stars) always bring in Drew Max for authenticating signatures. :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

It's a good show and i try to watch it as much as i can, but i never see them showing any sports stuff. It's mostly historical items.

cliffjmp33
12-13-2010, 10:04 PM
It's from a staff member, not a player.

TOYOTATruck07
12-13-2010, 10:07 PM
$3,000 for NL championship rings. $8,000 for the '95 WS ring.

AutographAddiction
12-13-2010, 10:09 PM
Seller wanted 42-45 grand. Final offer thrown at the seller was 22 grand and he walked away.

jbsportstuff
12-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Seller was willing to take 29K....but Rick only offered 22K. Seller walked away. Seller refused to tell how he got the rings. :)

Rob L
12-14-2010, 01:13 AM

The signed Gehrig jersey that they bought had three LOAs - AAU and STATs. They didn't show the third but would bet a Morales letter or Frangiapani COA.

coxfan
12-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Authentication can be an issue for "Pawn stars." They once had an item that was claimed to be inscribed at the time of George Washington's inauguration, bearing the date of March 4, 1789. They said that was Washington's inauguration date, but I felt like screaming at the TV: " He was inaugurated on April 30, not March 4!" Although the March date was constitutional, delays in implementing the new Constitution pushed everything back; I think his election wasn't even official until April 1789. But this point wasn't even raised in their discussion with this seller.

So be careful in watching anything baseball-related they may have. By the way, what other President, besides Washington, served a full term that was less than four full years? Answer: FDR's first term began on March 4, 1933 but ended on January 20, 1937, because the inauguration date was changed.

cincy13
12-14-2010, 09:58 AM
A friend of mine went out there. Everything is rehearsed before it's filmed for the show. As for the rings, I thought it was a generous offer, after all, the rings were from a staff member.

nycpropain
12-14-2010, 03:34 PM
The signed Gehrig jersey that they bought had three LOAs - AAU and STATs. They didn't show the third but would bet a Morales letter or Frangiapani COA.

Which is odd cause that same jersey is still for sale on the guys site who brought the jersey in. I seen the link a few months back, looks as if the pawn shop either never bought it or returned it.

gingi79
12-14-2010, 04:32 PM
http://sports.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7024&Lot_No=80073

A set of Staff Braves championship rings did not sell at a top offer of $25k from Heritage.

At the National I talked to a guy whose whole business was rings and he could have got staff rings for much much less. He had one from the 1992 NL championship for $2500.

Just some more info......

RRexpressfan94
12-18-2010, 01:56 PM
I love this show, but when it comes to baseball stuff they do a horrible job and finding out if its real. They once had a signed mantle ball on a bud seling OMLB, when he died before seling was commissioner and they said it was real... :confused: :confused: :confused:

fuddjcal
12-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Drew Max is a Christopher Morales Clone. AAU is infecting E-bay ....AGAIN. AAU was on the old banned list, but some how, this complete loser is not listed on E-bay's new banned list that came out a few months ago.

Still on the approved list is Global GAI, which we all know is jost one big scam and a complete joke.

You would be hard pressed to find A legitamte autograph with that boob Drew Max-AAU on it. They are a breeding ground for forgeries ala STAT, TTA, GAI, Burcyzk.

While I love the pawn Stars, the fact that he is right in Vegas is convenient and nothing more. They can not know that he is nothing more than a footnote to forgeries. He has rehabilitated his reputation apparently, when he should actually be in jail.

BaseballGM
12-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Pawnstars do sell on eBay under user id goldsilverpawn (http://myworld.ebay.com/goldsilverpawn/)http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gif