PDA

View Full Version : Clemente Game used bat

mkutch
08-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi there,

I am looking for some information about a a Roberto Clemente 016 model bat. I have a u1 and an Adirondack 129X in my collection and I have the bat records from Louisville slugger. Here are my questions:

Did the 016 bat have a regular knob instead of the Classic tapered knob?

Should it be stamped with 016 on the knob?

It is 34" (possibly 34.5") and it was coming up as 34 oz. This does not exactly jive with the LVS bat records.

I attached a few pictures of the bat that may help. Any info you could give me as to whether you think the bat in question is a game used one or something else would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know if you could tell me anything else I should look for pertaining to this model of bats.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Paul

ghostkid
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Paul,

The registered trademark symbol above the d in Powerized did not begin appearing until 1973. Based on that, combined with the lack of the Bi-Centennial stamping just to the right of Powerized, dates this bat to the 1973-75 era. As you probably already know, Clemente's career was tragically cut short at the end of the 1972 season. So, this bat is NOT a Clemente game used bat...

Kevin Kasper
kevinkasper@netzero.com

mkutch
08-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your help. Any idea what it is? Store model? team index? commemorative? Could someone who played on the 73-75 team (like Manny Sanguillen) have been allowed to order a clemente model bat?

yanks12025
08-11-2006, 05:09 PM
By chance did you buy this bat off ebay in like the last two weeks. If not i thought i seen a bat just like it with o16 and i think it sold for more then 300 something i forgot.

mkutch
08-11-2006, 05:56 PM
I did not buy it from ebay. It was offered to me as a game used bat and I thought there might be a few conflicting issues with it. That's why I thought I would bring it to the experts for help!!

one other thought -- could it have been ordered by clemente before he died?